Multiple Cabins - Swap Rooms/Keys

L75317

I can't seem to find an answer anywhere to this situation -  I'm sailing on the Nieuw Statendam in March and needed 2 cabins. I received a past guest discount as a 2-star Mariner.  The other couple with us consists of a 1 and 2-Star Mariner.  Their past guest discount was not as generous as ours, so our TA booked the cabins with our discount.  However, the cabin assignment has my DH and one of the other couple in a room, while I am listed in a room with the other spouse.  TA said we had to do that to get the best rate.  He said we can switch to the correct cabin on board.  Has anyone done this?  Can this be done at check-in or do I have to see guest services on the ship?  Should we just get extra key cards (do they do that)?  This is our 12th cruise and haven't been in this situation before.  I am worried about all of the room charges, too. Thanks!

We did lots of price checking and have been using the same TA for years.  This is the first time we have come up against this issue.  The cabins are booked and can't be changed without a fee, so I was hoping to find out if we should just attempt to get extra keys for the room or if they would switch us at Guest Relations on board.  Not looking like many folks have had this issue. My TA seemed to think this was not a big deal.   Seems like a pain to me!

I don't have any experience with the card-switch, but I would be asking my TA for a plan. They seem to have done this or advised this to other pax in the past? Maybe a detailed consult with them will help. 

If it were me personally in the situation, I'd go to the pier all together, give limited but true information, and ask to have the proper people be given the matching stateroom keys. Something like "our travel agent put the names flipped on the rooms, this is who will be with each other" (Leaving out it was a cost-saver, telling them its wrong, and asking for them to fix it). 

Not only easier for you, but God forbid there is an emergency on ship, they would have the correct passenger information. 

Good luck, let us know how it shakes out. 

I am thinking HAL will catch on to that real quick. I have seen people post about families...booking a parent in each room and then letting the kids stay in one and the parents in another. I have also seen people post about having stock on-board credit and switching up the rooms to get that credit on both cabins but I don’t know the particulars. Hopefully someone can enlighten you.