Cancellation & refund timeframe?

HSNY

First time booking a cruise with MSC but I had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict with an important wedding invite. I’m well within the timeframe to cancel with my full refund. I cancelled on 11/7, yet they processed it on 11/20. I called MSC and they said my refund was processed in full on 11/20 but it hasn’t been refunded yet; perhaps wait 8-10 days. Has anyone else had an issue with refunds? Why is it taking unquestionably long? 

• 4 months later...

I am wondering how long your refund took to receive.  I cancelled on March 20th and still haven't received mine.  They have told the travel agent that it has been processed (last week).  I have received a fell refund for the excursions we booked but still awaiting the actual cruise cost.

Following were my experiences starting from the most recent:

My card was double charged for a cruise final payment. Took several phone calls. When the refund was processed, I could see the amount on online in "pricing details". It took about 8 to 9 days after that to materialize in my account after that.

A previous time, and a different cruise,  it took just one call. Deposit appeared in my account within 3 days.

Going back to a couple years or so, I had booked some spa experiences pre cruise. Decided to wait till I get on board and cancelled. Refunded within 8 to 9 days or so of calling to cancel.

9 hours ago, sanbixby said:

I am wondering how long your refund took to receive.  I cancelled on March 20th and still haven't received mine.  They have told the travel agent that it has been processed (last week).  I have received a fell refund for the excursions we booked but still awaiting the actual cruise cost.

Hey,

So the good news is that it finally went through after numerous calls and them giving me the runaround (accounting issues). The bad news is that it took me almost 2.5 months to get the refund. It was very stressful to say the least.