Spirit: Sport's Bar

dongordon

We are going on the Spirit in July with my 3 married daughters and their husbands who are huge sports fans.

Does the Spirit have a nice sports bar and if so, could someone either describe it or provide a photo?

Thanks.

Don

I don't have a photo of it but walked thru there many times while we were on the Spirit this last September. It is right next to the Blue Lagoon and on a main walkway, so it could be a hassle if you're sitting at one of the window tables and people keep walking by and blocking your view as they stop to look at the TV screens.

There are several screens and a nice long bar, so you could sit there and have unobstructed views of the TV screens too. It's not a very big bar, but I never did see it filled to capacity while we were on board.

Every time we walked by though, I would stop to check out what was playing because it was during baseball season.

We did stop there a number of times to get sodas, but never did purchase any alcoholic drinks. The staff was very friendly.

Hope this helps, even a little bit.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

I didn't realize the Bund had been renamed during the drydock. I went to NCL and looked at the different deck plans for the Spirit. (We were on her in Sept. 2005) and found that the Moulin Rouge had also been renamed the Stardust. I'm glad because so many people stumbled over the pronunciation of Moulin Rouge - and because after being on other NCL ships, we were used to calling the main theater the Stardust. Now there won't be anymore confusion for us!

I wonder if Kevin Warner is still the CD on the Spirit? We really enjoyed him, as he was very personable and had some funny quirks.

Enjoy!

Hikini:D

• 1 month later...

I thought it would be a real pain sitting in Shanghai Bar, everyone is constantly walking through there! A better idea might be to try the Raffles bar at the back of the ship, deck 12. There are hardly ever people there, and tv's as well..often tuned to sports.

Julie Valeriote is the CD on Spirit currently. She seemed very nice and was entertaining.

Archived