live test for photos

CoffeeGoddess

On 12/2/2018 at 2:34 PM, CoffeeGoddess said:

Quoting and adding a pic.

20181122_122936.thumb.jpg.27bff562b9ad53c512b5b8d762f07c9f.jpg

I do not like how I need to do three steps to get to my photos and then cannot upload multiples. 

You can drag multiple files onto the "Drag files here to attach" box (computer) or you can select multiple files from your device's file browser on a phone or tablet.  The files all show up in the attachment box and you use the little plus + sign on the photo to insert the file where your cursor is positioned. (There's also a little trash can on the photos in case you upload something by mistake.)  If you attach photos but don't insert them into your message, they'll get added at the end.

To give nicer positioning, hit the return/enter key 2x after each photo. That will keep them on separate lines.  You can click on a photo and use the alignment tools (left, center, right) on the toolbar to further position the pictures.

15 minutes ago, POA1 said:

You can drag multiple files onto the "Drag files here to attach" box (computer) or you can select multiple files from your device's file browser on a phone or tablet.  The files all show up in the attachment box and you use the little plus + sign on the photo to insert the file where your cursor is positioned. (There's also a little trash can on the photos in case you upload something by mistake.)  If you attach photos but don't insert them into your message, they'll get added at the end.

On my desktop I can select multiple photos and they upload.  On my phone if I can select multiple then it only loads the last one not any of the others or, as it's now doing, I can't even select multiple as soon as I select a picture it goes back to the post and starts loading it.  Although now it appears to be only a two step process.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

You are correct. It's a limitation of the file picker for phone browsers. You could multi-select in the old app because it was using app to app sharing. However, it inserted all the photos at once. Now you have to pick each image individually, but you can insert them where you want in your post. If you have multiple ways of picking files, it quite a few steps for each picture. 

I have to click the insert link, choose camera, Android system, or documents. (I click documents.) Then I have to choose a file picker. I typically use QuickPic. Then I to choose a folder (which represents the image source) and then click on the image. Repeat for every image. 

It's going to have to be some compelling stuff to go through all that. 

Screenshot_20181205-215741.png

Screenshot_20181205-215751.png