Viking Rhine River A-B Embarkation Time

sosdiana

Looking forward to our Amsterdam to Basel cruise in July.  Does anyone know what time we can board the ship and what time the ship leaves port?  We're trying to decide how many days we want to stay in Amsterdam pre-cruise and we're not sure if we will have much time the day we board.

Thanks!

It may be helpful to review some of the past roll call threads for the cruise - lots of useful information from those who have done this cruise in the past: 

That said, we are planning on dropping off our luggage after we check out of hotel (around 11) and then coming back to the boat by 5 or 6. I believe the earliest you can count on getting into your room is 3pm. The boat seems to generally depart after 11pm so there is quite a bit of time available in Amsterdam for that first day. 

Thanks, 3rdCoastFan!  That's similar to what I had in my mind, but I wasn't sure where I got the information, so I was hoping for some confirmation.  LOL, I went back to the  Roll Call to see if I could find it and there are over 700 posts on that thread now!  I'll wait for a cold, snowy day to go back through them again.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if they still are, but Viking could be flexible. When we were finishing up a tulip time cruise back in 2014 we were in the ship's lounge waiting for our 9:00 a.m. ride to the airport. A couple showed up having just arrived with a Viking transfer to the ship. After sitting in the lounge for about 30 minutes someone from housekeeping showed up and told them that their room was ready and they could go ahead and move in!