Upgraded to Go Best and Saved Money

cruisin 07

Booked the Summit for next Oct out of San Juan last Sep. Cabin 2A with 2 free perks with a $500 deposit. Received $100 discount being a veteran. Took the $300 on board credit and the classic drink package for 2. Upgraded to the premium drink package for $165 for the 2 of us. Subtracting the $300 on board credit and adding back on the gratuities of $203 and the $165 for drink package upgrade total cost including taxes and port fees, etc  total $2351 not including the deposit.

After waiting on hold for 35 mins on Sun I decided to call first thing this morning – 8 am Est to see what adding Go Best would cost me. For some reason base price increased by $50 each. But now they gave me a $500 military discount vice the $100 as before for the 2 of us. The Go Best cost added an addition $330 for the 2 of us plus the additional $100 increase on base price. Taking into account the $300 on board credit, prepaid gratuities, and not having to pay for upgrade to Premium drink package the cost now is $2316. A savings of $35 and free internet on top of it all.

Very happy as a first time X cruiser.