Viking River Cruise-best time to book

Judy1985

Hello

My husband and I went on the Rhine River Cruise (on Viking) and I was wondering when is the cheapest time to book a Danube River Cruise with Viking?  January?  Or maybe as soon as the next's years dates are released? 

Thanks,

Judy

1 hour ago, Judy1985 said:

Hello

My husband and I went on the Rhine River Cruise (on Viking) and I was wondering when is the cheapest time to book a Danube River Cruise with Viking?  January?  Or maybe as soon as the next's years dates are released? 

Thanks,

Judy

Hi Judy,

In our experience, the cruise price doesn't vary too much, but of course you can save a little by travelling in early season, and or late season. We've only really noticed that airfare prices change, and this is where you can save money. My advice is to book as soon as your time/room choice/airfare deal, etc. is available.

Jeff

Edited by jrkstl

17 minutes ago, Judy1985 said:

Which has been your favorite cruise with Viking?

Hello again!

Hard to pick an absolute favorite as they have all been pretty great - but if forced to choose I’d have to say the Rhine Getaway was my favorite - probably due to picture perfect weather, the Top of Cologne tour and the post trip to Como, Italy.

Jeff

Last year there was a Valentines special which included free air and free beverage package for several cruises, I think you needed to book for a cruise that left no later than early June, which we took advantage of for the Romantic Danube

3 hours ago, Judy1985 said:

Thanks.  Maybe I can do that cruise.  Why was China your favorite?

It was our first river cruise so we had nothing to compare it to. The Viking team in China is so very professional, so very well organized, so very welcoming to their guests, so very hard working. China itself is so very different from what we are accustomed to that it is very eye-opening. This cruise has become my gold standard and I now compare every cruise to it.

Cruise pictures: https://chinasculturaldelights050810.shutterfly.com/

On 12/4/2018 at 8:31 AM, Judy1985 said:

Hello

Thanks,

Judy

I've been following Viking cruises for over 10 years now and have decide that there is just no way to pinpoint the best time to book. There is no pattern to the deals offered. I follow the deals  and the e-mails and when I'm ready to book, I book. If there is a particular cruise that I really want, I will book early so that I can have my choice of cabin regardless if there are any special offers on the itinerary and regardless of what the airfare deal might be.

• Like 1

I’ve seen deals when the USA economy is sluggish, which is not the case now.  I think that everyone’s first cruise is the most memorable.  That being said, our second Viking cruise in Bordeaux was my favorite because I’m a wine aficianado.  This was Mr. TakingFlight’s least favorite cruise, however, out of the four we’ve done. Paris and Normandy is his favorite.  Our best offer from Viking was for a Danube Christmas Market cruise in December. Magical.