B2B Curious as to how it works

mit429

5 minutes ago, sft429 said:

I just called the Captain's Club.  A very nice lady worked on this for 45 minutes.  It seemed promising at first but In the end I got no discount.  There were a couple problems.  I used two different TAs and one was a group reservation and one was an individual reservation.  Had they been the same type, both group or both individual, I could have gotten the discount even with two TAs...... I think.

I never knew there was such a thing as a B2B discount.  When I made these reservations I was only planning on using one of them but have since decided I wanted to do both.  Got the same Aqua aft cabin on deck 11 of the Summit.  Hope we like the cabin or it will be a long two weeks.  We've been on 11 twice before but never in an aft.

I've never used two TAs for a B2B cruise so I was just shooting in the dark.  Well at least you tried and now know for the future to ask for the B2B discount. For us having the same stateroom is a must on all of our B2B cruises. 

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would really recommend going to the B2B meeting.   On our Transpacific / Japan Exploration B2B they had a raffle and gave away Bottles of Wine, Free Laundry, Internet and dinner for Two at any specialty.   We were luck to win the Dinner for 2.    I've heard that it isn't normal to have the raffle -  others may be able to comment on their experience. 

Can't remember any raffles. At least never won any if they did have them. I agree the consecutive cruisers meeting is informative. Especially for those doing a B2B cruise for the first time. The TAD process can very from ship to ship.

Edited by davekathy

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would really recommend going to the B2B meeting.   On our Transpacific / Japan Exploration B2B they had a raffle and gave away Bottles of Wine, Free Laundry, Internet and dinner for Two at any specialty.   We were luck to win the Dinner for 2.    I've heard that it isn't normal to have the raffle -  others may be able to comment on their experience. 

I always go the meeting.  Once we also won the raffle and got the dinner for two, and at another one, the attendees got invited to a very nice lunch with the Captain in Blu.  (Edited to add that there isn’t always a raffle.  Only occasionally.)

Edited by lisiamc