Taxi Fare and Magens Entry fee for kids

derumedice

I’m wondering the same.  We will have a 3 &9 year old as well. I’ve heard they charge the same for kids, no matter the age. And $10 pp each way to Megans from crown bay. We want to go for just a few hours but $80 just to get back or forth to the beach seems steep. 

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Magen's Bay in late June with a Royal Excursion, and I snapped a photo of the entrance fees for future knowledge, knowing in the future we would rather get there ourselves.  I like finding places we enjoy that in the future we can do on our own vs feel we have to pay high $ toward an excursion there- and you get your own timeline flexibility, which is huge with our family of 5!  The photo of their rates, taken the end of June 2018, says non resident adults are $5 and children under 12 are free.  The hours are 8a-5pm.  They have showers and nicer bathrooms than I've experienced at some beaches, and the bar/restaurant was reasonably priced.  We only experienced drinks, so I can't speak for the food, but drinks were good and cheap.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, mkhayes23 said:

We went to Magen's Bay in late June with a Royal Excursion, and I snapped a photo of the entrance fees for future knowledge, knowing in the future we would rather get there ourselves.  I like finding places we enjoy that in the future we can do on our own vs feel we have to pay high $ toward an excursion there- and you get your own timeline flexibility, which is huge with our family of 5!  The photo of their rates, taken the end of June 2018, says non resident adults are $5 and children under 12 are free.  The hours are 8a-5pm.  They have showers and nicer bathrooms than I've experienced at some beaches, and the bar/restaurant was reasonably priced.  We only experienced drinks, so I can't speak for the food, but drinks were good and cheap.    

Thanks for sharing. Do they charge for beach chairs?