AARP gift card issue

Tjcalley

Another data point for those interested.  I ordered several of the $100 cards on 12/4.  They shipped on 12/5 by USPS and were delivered today (12/10), so it looks like they are taking about a week to arrive.  The $500 card I ordered last month was shipped by UPS and only took 3 days.  I'm pretty sure that orders aren't fulfilled on the weekend, so any order placed on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday likely won't be processed until the next Monday.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, Tiger0613 said:

Don’t you need to enter a tracking number? AARP did not give me one nor a confirmation email I ordered the 100 dollar gift card

Have you signed up for USPS Informed Delivery?  They send an email with a picture of the outside of each piece of letter-sized mail that is arriving soon.  This won't make the gift card get to you any faster, but you would know when to expect it.

UPS has a similar service: UPS My Choice. 

2 hours ago, lele100 said:

Don’t you need to enter a tracking number? AARP did not give me one nor a confirmation email I ordered the 100 dollar gift card

I ordered two $100 cards on 12/5/18 at 11:23pm CT.  I got an order confirmation email immediately after placing my order.  The order confirmation email and the text and email alerts from my credit card say the order was placed on 12/6/18.  I never received a shipping confirmation email.  They arrived 12/13/18.

Informed Delivery doesn't provide tracking.  When mail gets to your local sorting facility, it is scanned if it fits in the machine.  You would get an email that same day with an image of the piece of mail.  Packages are mentioned in the email as well, but no pictures are taken.  Most of the time, the mail arrives the same day, but sometimes it arrives a day or two later.

Informed Delivery won't tell you where your mail is, but it will tell you when you should expect it to arrive.

11 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

I ordered two $100 cards on 12/5/18 at 11:23pm CT.  I got an order confirmation email immediately after placing my order.  The order confirmation email and the text and email alerts from my credit card say the order was placed on 12/6/18.  I never received a shipping confirmation email.  They arrived 12/13/18.

Informed Delivery doesn't provide tracking.  When mail gets to your local sorting facility, it is scanned if it fits in the machine.  You would get an email that same day with an image of the piece of mail.  Packages are mentioned in the email as well, but no pictures are taken.  Most of the time, the mail arrives the same day, but sometimes it arrives a day or two later.

Informed Delivery won't tell you where your mail is, but it will tell you when you should expect it to arrive.

This is almost exactly my story.  I didn't have a UPS tracking number until they tried to deliver it the first time, otherwise, I would have changed the delivery location to a UPS store and not my home.  

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

thats is strange,  I signed up for it and I see a package arriving on Saturday, but no mailpiece, which is weird, because I did get mail yesterday and today, so how can it say I have no mailpiece? Says 0 mailpiece all this week

This is almost exactly my story.  I didn't have a UPS tracking number until they tried to deliver it the first time, otherwise, I would have changed the delivery location to a UPS store and not my home.  

8 hours ago, lele100 said:

I know these are billed from rewards redemption, anyone know where they are located?  I looked on informed delivery and it says I have a package from warrendale PA, does this sound familiar?

The $100 gift cards I've ordered have always (USPS) come from Ohio.

7 hours ago, lele100 said:

thats is strange,  I signed up for it and I see a package arriving on Saturday, but no mailpiece, which is weird, because I did get mail yesterday and today, so how can it say I have no mailpiece? Says 0 mailpiece all this week

Not all mail can be scanned.  Only mail that fits through the machine will show up in the email.  Magazines, catalogs, retail/grocery ads, newspapers, and most flyers aren't scanned.

I have received notifications for political flyers, credit card offers, bills, bank/credit/insurance statements, regular-sized greeting cards, Bed Bath and Beyond coupons, membership cards, state ID renewal notice, rebate check, mail related to my WDW annual pass, and gift cards from AARP Rewards for Good.

I get images of mail for previous residents.  Also, on six separate days the email said I would be getting at least one mailpiece they didn't have an image for.  I called my post office and they said the mail fit in the machine but the image scan failed.