Harmony Thermal Spa Pass question

MaiseyM

I have $100 credit that I have to use.  I am thinking of using it on the Thermal Spa pass on Harmony.  I recall touring the spa last time I was on Harmony; I remember liking it, though I don't recall all the components to it.  That said, I am looking on this forum for a review/information re: the spa.  It seems like you have to book the time you are using the thermal spa on Harmony vs. walk in service.  Based on some of the threads, people are questioning if it's a scheduled service (i.e. like a reservation for lunch/dinner) or if you can just walk in when you want.  I won't be booking it if you have to schedule a time.  Has anyone used the Thermal Spa on Harmony in the past year to comment on this?  

10 minutes ago, MaiseyM said:

I have $100 credit that I have to use.  I am thinking of using it on the Thermal Spa pass on Harmony.  I recall touring the spa last time I was on Harmony; I remember liking it, though I don't recall all the components to it.  That said, I am looking on this forum for a review/information re: the spa.  It seems like you have to book the time you are using the thermal spa on Harmony vs. walk in service.  Based on some of the threads, people are questioning if it's a scheduled service (i.e. like a reservation for lunch/dinner) or if you can just walk in when you want.  I won't be booking it if you have to schedule a time.  Has anyone used the Thermal Spa on Harmony in the past year to comment on this?  

You have to select a time when booking online but you can actually go whenever you like. There’s no reserved times - first come first served. We were on the Harmony a few weeks ago and found the thermal spa to be busy whenever we went. Not too bad for the sauna & steam room but the heated beds were always being used. 

Thank you!!   This helps.  I am also going at  a time where it's probably 100% at capacity (Christmas cruise) so crowds will be there.  I may hold off if you found it really hard to get a bed.  Maybe I'll put the money toward an excursion or something else.  Thank you for clarifying.  

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Thermal spa on the ship.  I should have bought it before; I knew better but did not follow my intuition.  Not surprisingly, the rates went up on board. After gratuities, it was $140 for me for the week.  I definitely liked it, but not sure if I would do it again for that cost.  Had I bought it prior to boarding, I may have different thoughts.  My biggest issue with it is that I there are so many other things going on during my cruise that I didn't get enough time in here.  That said, it's a nice break from the loud and sun that you can over expose yourself to on Harmony.  It was a nice quiet place. I bought it the first night we were there.  They said they only sell 40 passes, but they sell them as couples passes.  Essentially, 80 people can buy this pass for the week; they said they don't oversell it so people can use it.  I was on during Christmas, when the ship was at full capacity.  The spa never seemed crowded and I could always find a bed to sit on.   Even though you have to select a time or reservation online when booking, there are no commitments to times that you can use the spa, short of when they are closed.  They told me that you have to select a time online just to reserve a spot, but you can use the spa whenever it's open (8AM until 9 or 10PM, daily).  It was super nice.  I tried to take a small video  and photo w/out filming anyone in the spa.  Hopefully they can come through on this attachment.  

spa bed.JPG

I forgot, they had a sauna, steam room, the warm beds, and two tropical showers.  One shower was bigger than the other.  In the tropical shower, they had 2 shower heads that you could use or use together for a relaxing stream of water.  I didn't use the showers in the locker rooms, but they seemed nice as well. They had robes for you to use and people wore swimsuits in the spa. Some kept their robes on, others just used their suits and no robe once laying in the bed.  They also had a 'quiet' room that I didn't use, where you can read, sit, talk and chill out in some wicker like chairs.  It almost seemed more like a waiting room for spa services.   I could have upgraded my package for about $100 more to use a hot tub (as my own, not to be shared with others at the same time) when it wasn't in use.  I didn't think it was worth the 100 so I didn't add that to my purchase.