Miracle vs. Adventure of the Seas

JerseyGrl

I am planning a cruise this July to the Caribbean and can not decide between Carnival Miracle and RCCL Adventure of the Seas. If anyone has been on either of these ships any feedback would be appreciated. I will be going with my boyfriend and we are both in our mid-twenties. Also how would you rate the food on either ship? Thanks!:)

Isn't AOS the southern caribbean? Two entirely differant ittenaries. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Now I have been on the Miracle and i have been on Mariner of the Seas another voyager class ship. both ships were beautiful to me-my main gripe with MOS were the crowds-you get over 3000 PAXs and 3 sea days-well I am not one for crowds. I felt the food not so good on MOS-but that could be the ship's chefs-AOS may be differant.

Now when you get into ittnearies-Barbadoes and St. Thomas to me are much better then Cozumel and Belize-but if you have never been to any-I am sure you would love any tropical island.

One thing about me too-is I would never go in the summer-but I live in the south-it is hot here in the summer and I have no desire to go anywhere hotter. In the summer I would prefer Niagara Falls to a carribbean cruise. Summer prices are higher and both ships will be swarming with children too. but that is me-you may love it.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I can only travel during school breaks since I am a teacher. I wish I was able to go on a cruise during the less expensive times of year. I have traveled in the past to tropical locations so I appreciate your opinion in regards to the itineraries. Right now I a looking to see which ship would suit me best. Thanks!

I am planning a cruise this July to the Caribbean and can not decide between Carnival Miracle and RCCL Adventure of the Seas. If anyone has been on either of these ships any feedback would be appreciated. I will be going with my boyfriend and we are both in our mid-twenties. Also how would you rate the food on either ship? Thanks!:)

We have sailed on the Miracle in 04 and the Explorer which is a sister to the Adventure so basically the same ship.

Comparisons of the ship- not the itinerary- although I think the ITN is almost as important, at least for us!

Food- my DH thought it was better on the Explorer, and I thought it was a tie really with the Miracle beating out the Explorer in the buffet department. The deserts at the Miracle buffet where to die for.:D The green tea cheese cake is a must.

Entertainment- Miracle wins hands down. Better entertainment by far. The comics were VERY funny and the musical show was a Beatles retrospective and it was very well done.

Crew- Explorer wins this as far as dining room, and other servers. Cabin attendant was almost a tie, both of ours were great.

Ship decor- We preferred the Explorer over all, though the "Mad Hatters" lounge on the Miracle is really fun and as well as some of the lounges. The Miracle dining room was just a bit too much for me. Those grapes hanging all over the ceiling and walls where a bit much! But you don't spend that much time in the dining room so it really isn't that important. Cabins were comparable and we had balcony rooms on both ships.

Activities- This is a hard one. Explorer will have ice skating, the usual pools ad hot tubs as well as miniature golf, golf simulator and the rock wall. The Miracle seems to have more pool areas though, and they do have the water slide.

I would sail either ship again. But I think you will find more kids on the Miracle. We went during the 3rd week in March and it was packed with many families and spring breakers. This was not a problem for us. I imagine if you go in the summer you may find that there may be lots children on either ship.

Hope the above comparison helps you. We choose ours by the itinerary. Have a great cruise and you would probably enjoy either ship.

I have cruised on AOS and she is a nice ship, many amenites, lots of entertainment and activities and Portofino's, an excellent specialty restaurant.

I am not a fan of the really large ships like AOS but I did enjoy my cruise aboard.

I have not cruised on Miracle so cannot speak specifically about the ship. I am not a fan of Carnival in general (three cruises, most recently on Glory last May) and prefer the food, decor, passenger mix and service aboard RCI. I also prefer the Southern Caribbean route over the Eastern and Western.

This is to Loves to vacation. I loved the Beatles show on Miracle too and that same group played in a non smoking lounge-I think it was called Frankie and Johnny's-not sure about the name though-but I did love them (they played a lot of 60-80's nostalgia rock) and the fact that on that ship there was great entertainment in a non-smoking lounge. Four months earlier I was on Carnival Inspiration and they had no decent entertainment in the non smoking lounges.

I wrote this to Carnival and expressed just that-how much better Miracle was the the Inspiration-that I had been disapointed in the entertainment on Inspiration.

The food was much better on Miracle also-the food on Inspiration had been decent but just not that good to me-it was better then my last cruise on Mariner of the Seas, but only slightly.

I sort've felt that Carnival may have been pulling out all the stops for the Miracle as back when I cruised her-April 2004-she was a brand new ship and I found everything-entertainment, food, service all to be MUCH better then my Inspiration cruise. I felt this way also because we had paid more for our three day cruise on Miracle then we did for our 7 day Inspiration cruise. You know what they say about "you get what you pay for"-we had cruised Inspiration in early December-at a time when you get the best prices for a cruise-you know pre- christmas time. I could not help but feel that maybe when we cruise those "bargain times" that maybe the food is not the same quality or the entertainment-you know- the cruiseline still has to make their profit.

Anyway you said you were on the Miracle in 2004. When was your cruise? Look at my signature and you will see the dates of my cruise-the Miracle was just 6 weeks old when I cruised her.

momofmeg-

We cruised the 3rd week in March and I think we were the 4th or 5th or so group to go out on the Miracle. She really is a lovely ship.

We really hadn't planned to cruise in 04 but this was a weird 6 day ITN (Bahamas, Cozumel, Costa Maya) out of Jacksonville and we got a great rate. In fact so good that I thought it was a misprint!! We actually spent the less for DH, me and DD to cruise on the Miracle as we did for DH and I to go on the Explorer the previous year.:) Our HS age daughter had the best time and she still talks about the food every once in a while. The desert selections were really great at the buffet and my DH still says they had the best egg rolls he has ever eaten.

Happy cruising!!!

Judi

Archived