Marella Discovery 2, impact on sunny balcony from overhang on deck 9

Hello, 

Please help! First timers here booked for a big birthday. Can anyone please help with deck 9’s overhang and the shadowy balconies topic? TUI and Meralla customer service reps deny an overhang exists!

Sunny balcony is very important, does the overhang effect this so we wouldn’t want to be under it? I treated us to a grand suit before learning of overhang, which unfortunately all seem to be under it! Has anyone stayed in grand suit who can help in knowing the overhang’s impact on sun? Or know if it’s worth upgrading to executive suite in the hopes of a sunny balcony because 8001, 8003 and 8502 are just before the overhang begins - will this work? I feel tricked

and stuck 😞 not a good start before it’s started!

Edited by FirstTimer122
Typos

Sorry FirstTimer can't really help with that cabin as we have only been in the Junior Suits at the stern but I can tell you that the experience both with the cabin and the ship is fantastic. From what I can recall your balcony is not always in the shade, unless obviously the sun is on the opposite side of the ship, a lot will depend on how you wish to use it, we like our breakfast on the balcony and afternoon coffee, you get a nice coffee machine in the cabin, but we no longer do a lot of sun bathing so its not an essential part of our holiday and we do like to sit round the pool for the entertainment etc.

I know this is not much help but please don't let it spoil your first cruise because it may become insignificant , fingers crossed, when you get onboard.

Good luck😎