Eggcrates for the bed?

newaddiction

I was reading momofzeke's review of her March sailing aboard Pride and she mentioned asking for a foam eggcrate to be placed on her and her husband's bed.

How long have they been offering this? Is it on all new ship or Spirit class ships? We sailed on Spirit last year and I was tempted to bring our eggcrate but my husband told me I was nuts. I probably am nuts but knowing ahead of time that I can just ask my steward for a foam pad will make my DH happier. Especially since he won't have to worry about rehearsing his argument points.

Tori

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;5;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 9/5/2004 Carnival Pride

torism.gif

LOL, chickens in port!!! Kim, it's a foam mattress pad that has dips shaped like an eggcrate. One would put it on the bed to make it a bit comfier and to illimate the infamous crack when beds are placed together.

Tori

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;5;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 9/5/2004 Carnival Pride

torism.gif

Eggcrate Mattress Pads

from

http://www.westonsinternet.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Eggcrate_Mattress_Pads_432.html

The "eggcrate" foam mattress pad provides gentle support for sleeping comfort

from

http://www.bedandbathoutlet.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/184685.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Hey,

I think I like that idea of eliminating the crack in the bed. Although, I was thinking about buying some chickens on my next cruise!

I am going to ask the cabin steward-it can't hurt! thanks for the tip.

kim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail the BRAND NEW MIRACLE!

Tori:

We don't take any chances of the ship not having a foam mattress topper. Can't tell you how many nights sleep I've lost because of a hard bed on a ship! We always fly in the day before and hit Walmart. You can buy a king size deluxe thick foam mattress pad for about $26 and it comes packaged with a handle so you can just carry it on the ship (it's really light weight). Believe me, it's worth every penny you spend! We did this on the Pride last year and also the Glory last month. We always leave it for the cabin steward and they're really glad to have it. It makes the bed great!

Enjoy your cruise and don't forget to stop at Walmart (even if you have to carry it on the plane or check it through - do it!).

CRUISEDOGS icon_biggrin.gif

We bought some Coleman air mattresses and a portable pump. We dedicated a small suitcase to them (we have a queen size--our daughter has a twin size)---and use it to sleep like a baby on the hardest of ship's mattresses. I will say that the cabin stewards and stewardess' do a fabulous job working around it.

lynda_ani.gif

Archived