Has anyone taken the ferry from Harvest Caye to Placencia?

ninamb1973

We are cruising to Harvest Caye in a few weeks. We would like to take the ferry to Placencia and snorkel Silk Caye. We are docked from 8am-5pm. The tours I'm currently looking at are Go Sea Tours and Placencia Wildlife Adventures. They run from 9:30-3:30. Will we make it back to the ship on time? I read the ferry runs every hour on the 1/2 hour. Does anyone know if this is true? If yes, will we most likely miss the 3:30 ferry if we don't get back by exactly 3:30? I'm incredibly nervous about missing our ship. Any advice or info about the ferry will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have used either of these two companies, please tell me about your experience.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read, if you take the ferry over you have a return time 3 hours later.  If you miss that time you have to wait until there is room available on another ferry.  I'm not sure I'd want to chance this.  I've heard some say that they had to wait over an hour to get on a ferry, some say they were able to get right on.  All aboard would be 4:30 at the latest so you could be pushing it.  Hopefully someone will respond if they were successful doing this.