Fitness facility sauna?

Mister White

I will be boarding the ship on Sunday so I will give you a definitive answer then, but from some of the preview videos of the Spa unfortunately there does not appear to be a complementary sauna in the Locker Rooms. Lockers,individual stall showers, but no sauna or steam room.

Whatsmore, I read on one of the threads here that someone on the Millennium said that it was told to them that during the Revolution renovations to add Edge-class features to the existing fleet they will be removing the locker rooms with saunas and adding staterooms. That will be a real tragedy if that turns out to be the case.

But the current trend for many (but not all) cruiselines is to do away with any complementary single-sex spa amenities like Steam & Sauna rooms.             

Hey guys,

What you are saying is sad because I believe it to be true.  I like you all prefer the same-sex saunas as it is more private and (like a sauna should be) you can go in with just a towel after a workout.  I'm a travel agent and while I haven't gotten any new info on deck plans on the ships post drydock, there is a bullet point that says that there are going to be 13 new AquaClass rooms located right near that spa, based on the current location of things on the ship that would either be where the kids club is now, or where the locker rooms are.   While I am holding out that this won't be true we have no choice but to wait and see.  I am going on Summit in May post drydock and am hoping this isn't true.  Looks like I am going to have to enjoy the private Men's Sauna for the last time possibly when I am on Silhouette in Feb.

Someone on another thread confirmed after being on Edge - no single-sex sauna in the locker room. I agree with JonnyCT81. Best part of the gym/spa experience is the relaxation after the workout, and only a co-ed option doesn't do it for me. That miss will kill future Celebrity bookings for me. Sounds like others feel the same. :classic_sad:

There is NO ACCESS to the spa Locker rooms unless you're getting a treatment or have a spa pass. In other words if you're just using the gym no go. There's a combo handicapped/single stall toilet that's inside the Fitness Center at the far end down the hallway. No showers or lockers, just a toilet and lavatory. 

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted a plan of the new cabins on the Millenium.  The women's sauna will be converted in men's and women's change room and he women's change room will be used as a spa.  Current men's sauna and change room on the starboard side all the way to the palestra will be used for new cabins.

14 hours ago, jeffro1975 said:

going on Eclipse December 2020, do we know if the sauna in mens locker room will remain?

The first S class ship, the Equinox, is going into drydock in June, 2019. We'll know after that what damage they are doing to the men's facility. Your Eclipse goes into drydock Nov, 2020. Haven't seen any renderings of the post drydock redesign of the S class ships. Disappointed in the redesign of the M class from the gym/spa perspective.