Veendam needs to be decommisioned. You can see why HAL is desperately trying to sell

klonerga

At this very moment, I am sitting outside on Deck 6 looking at Half Moon Cay.  We just started our 7-day cruise yesterday and I thought I would post some observations relevant to this thread.  1) Two elevators are currently out of commission: one at the aft elevators and one at the forward elevators.  I asked about the elevators at guest services and found out they have been broken for weeks and they have no idea when or if they will be fixed.  I was prepared for the elevator issue but many passengers are unhappy.  It is really only a problem boarding and leaving the ship. 2) There are many young passengers on this ship (since it is a holiday cruise). Many of these people expect modern technology.  I have heard two people complain quite loudly about the TVs and DVRs in their staterooms nor working.  They are old units, so I'm not sure if that is really the issue.  3) Everything is clean - no issues there.  4) WIFI.  I purchased the surf plan for 7-days for $99.99.  It has been fairly reliable and speed is acceptable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

At this very moment, I am sitting outside on Deck 6 looking at Half Moon Cay.  We just started our 7-day cruise yesterday and I thought I would post some observations relevant to this thread.  1) Two elevators are currently out of commission: one at the aft elevators and one at the forward elevators.  I asked about the elevators at guest services and found out they have been broken for weeks and they have no idea when or if they will be fixed.

We got off of the Veendam and you got on...we were on the 11 day cruise prior to your cruise.  2 of the aft elevators were out and one forward.  The day before we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale (12/20), one of the 2 aft elevators was finally working. 

One thing that we really dislike that came out of the last drydock is the seating in the upper level of the theater.  The seat backs on the so called couches, hit you at your low back.  I sat at the very rear up there at one of 2 bar stools and watched people squirm around, end up just leaning forward with their elbows on their knees.  Some people got up and left.  The couch seating on the lower lever has a normal height back but the seat to back angle is way too severe for me.  This configuration has been in place since at least 2015 when we first experienced this.  I only hope that people SAY something about it so maybe they will change it in the next drydock.  I saw enough people that clearly were uncomfortable.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Linda R.