Port Canaveral Hotels

Pusniski

Okay, I can't see the web cam on Radisson's site for some reason. Are there any hotels where you will see the ships at port from your hotel room? It doesn't seem like it to me from the info I'm getting.

Looking at post-cruise stay - Radisson, Ron Jon's, new Mariott Residence Inn and new Sheraton (in Cocoa Beach - down a bit). Is Ron Jon's worth the extra money if we dedicate an afternoon there? Are there any deals to be had at this resort that I'm missing? I called in directly and was quoted $190 for a studio for June 11, 2006 for a one night stay.

TIA! :)

I just called for June 17th and got a quote for studio 230.00 a night. I have stayed at Ron's before they do have a nice pool area to enjoy for the day. But not worth the difference that I would pay to stay at the radisson, 149.00 with parking included for 4 day cruise and free breakfast.

We stayed at the Radisson this past Nov before our cruise as did quite a few others. Don't expect to be able to see the ship from your room, as that camera is on the highest point in the hotel. We walked all over and went up as high as we could to look and never could see the ships from there. There are apparently (from posts I've seen) a few rooms that can on one side of the hotel, but you'd have to request them and there's no guarantee you'd get them. The pool area and bar at the Radisson was a nice relaxing way to spend an afternoon and their restaurant is good. Our room was $149 w/shuttle and free breakfast. BTW,We were on the Fantasy and had problems getting a shuttle because the Majesty of the Seas which is a lot bigger and had a lot more people going on it had all the shuttles tied up except for the small van which didn't come back from the pier for over an hour and we were given terrible excuses why (traffic-what a laugh). The guy loading kept brushing us off and loading the larger vans. He made the point of saying there aren't that many on the Fantasy like we didn't count, and we told him we were asked what time we wanted our shuttle when we checked in, it's not like we made their schedule. When we asked for the third time in an hour after being told just a couple of minutes he basically told us we could take a cab. He was just pretty self-absorbed and totally full of crap and didn't get a tip from us although our driver did. When the van finally came back there were 3 or 4 scruffy looking guys with boxes of liquor and no luggage. They were using the van for something other than shuttling passengers and didn't want to tell us the truth. There was no way it took them over an hour to make that last run to and from the ship. Anyway, a letter to management gave us a $77 credit, but money doesn't make up for the matter of us not getting to the ship when we wanted to. We'll drive and park next time since it takes all of 5 minutes to get there. Other than the guy running the van system, the hotel itself was nice and clean.

There is nothing in the port really to see, so please do not pick a hotel based on seeing the ships. The sights are the beaches and AIA, so pick based on that. There are so many hotels on the strip of Cocoa Beach, Ron Jon's is great, but it is just a store and more recently, a hotel, because they own so much land. I would stay at the Marriott chain (I think a Courtyard) because it is beachside. Ron Jon's is overpriced. The Luna Sea Motel is a nice little locally owned place. Discovery Beach Resort is a nice timeshare right on the beach with really good nightly rates. For 190 per night, you could stay at the Inn at Cocoa Beach, the nicest hotel on the beach.

The plus of Radisson is the shuttle to and from the ship and free parking. If you are talking one night and you want to SEE Cocoa Beach, stay in Cocoa Beach. If you just want to chill and rest after cruising, the Radisson is a five minute cab from the Port and will do exactly that.

It all depends on what you want. This is a commercial port, not the sight to see.

We stayed at the comfort suites which is literally right next door to Ron Jon's. I reserved a regular room but was upgraded to a suite. It was a nice room and was close to downtown Cocoa Beach. They have a shuttle to the port All in all we were very happy:)

W* h*** s**y*d ** *h* R*d*ss** *w*** ** *h* **s* 3 y**rs** * w*s s*rpr*s*d ** *h* pr****m ** ******* * *** *****s* ** * d****r*** sh*p** W* w*r* ***** ** *h* D*s**y W**d*r ** ****m**r **d w* w*r* *h* ***y ***s ** *h* h**** ** *h* W**d*r** *h*r* w*r* h**dr*ds ** **k*rs wh* w*r* ***** ** * sp***** *r**s* ** R*y** **r****** (* *h**k)** *h* m** d*sp***h*** *h* ***s h*d * *** *r*m *h**r **h*r h**** s**p **r *s** ***k **ss *h** 15 m*****s **d w* d*d *** h*** r*s*r******s *s w* p*****d ** **k* * *** *****s* w* k**w *h**r ***s w***d ** **** ** *h* **k*rs** W* h*** **w*ys h*d * p***s*** s**y ** *h* R*d*ss****

Archived