Haven and a 4 year old.

Jthomasou

We have a 4 year old and will be in the Haven on Bliss in March. 

Never been on Haven before.  

I know she’s allowed to be in the Haven Restaraunt and Pool.  

However, is it a very formal adults only affair. She’s great, but she’s 4. You can always ensure the word poop doesn’t get mentioned occasionally at the dinner table or pool. 

I also know we will be spending most of our time in the splash pad. However it would be nice to not find crowds for chairs at a pool to play with her in a more quiet environment. 

9 minutes ago, Jthomasou said:

However, is it a very formal adults only affair.

No. Not at all. 

I've had a 2 year-old then 3 year-old in the Haven. There were other children who were younger. 

10 minutes ago, Jthomasou said:

However it would be nice to not find crowds for chairs at a pool to play with her in a more quiet environment. 

She can't use the Haven sundeck but can use the upper deck that is inside under the retractable roof. It should be quiet/empty in that area with plenty of seats/chairs.  

We had a 6-month old in the Haven! She turned 6 months old 6 days before the cruise; the crew onboard said that she was probably the youngest person on that sailing. 

We were in the Haven because we upgraded to a 2 BR suite -- mostly so that she'd have her own bedroom, and so that we'd be able to order dinner in our suite once she went to bed for the night. It worked out fantastically. We ate most of our meals out in the Haven restaurant, and the staff was wonderful with her. There were plenty of other kids there, so it wasn't a stodgy adults-only atmosphere by any means.

It's one of those "know thy kid" situations—you know your kid the best, you generally know what's going to work for them, and what's not. It sounds like you are pretty confident that she'll be fine, and although there's always a bit of a dice roll when it comes to traveling with children, I bet she will be fine.

Have a great time and enjoy the Bliss!

Edited by dcipjr

3 hours ago, Jthomasou said:

However, is it a very formal adults only affair. She’s great, but she’s 4. You can always ensure the word poop doesn’t get mentioned occasionally at the dinner table or pool. 

I'll be cruising in April with a 49-year-old and a 75-year-old, and I also can't be sure that poop isn't occasionally mentioned at the dinner table or the pool.  Your small person is just as welcome and entitled to be on the ship as anyone else.   I hope you have a great trip.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1