Viking Jupiter Mediterranean Antiquties Feb.16, 2019 Rome Excusions

Annarundel

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the shore excursions in Rome.  I was getting ready to book my excursions for our Cruise in February and I noticed that there were  no excursions for our time  in Rome.  I was wondering if anyone knows why there is none? Especially since Rome is such a popular port.  

1 hour ago, Annarundel said:

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the shore excursions in Rome.  I was getting ready to book my excursions for our Cruise in February and I noticed that there were  no excursions for our time  in Rome.  I was wondering if anyone knows why there is none? Especially since Rome is such a popular port.  

I see you are leaving in about 2 months--and if you are booking excursions about now you are probably in a V cabin.  You should have received a listing of all your excursions available for this cruise about a week before the Owners Suite was able to book even if you were not able to book, to peruse.  At 6 days before sailing you should have them all appear on MVJ for you to actually book.    When looking at your itinerary, I see it covers a lot of the same ports we did on Mediterranean Odyssey.  They are shown on the itinerary where the cruise is described day by day, under the overview of the port.  Times or price are not included but it gives you an idea.  That is at least a start and are you exactly 60 days out?  Are the other excursions available in the other ports?  Try that and see what appears and if still nothing and you are in your time frame, then write or call Tellus @Vikingcruises,com.  Did you book with Viking or another agent? 

The Rome page that you see on the Viking website is a generic page and is used for any itinerary that stops in Rome/Civitavecchia. The truth is that there are two generic pages for Rome and, for whatever reason, the itinerary page is using the wrong one.  However, not to worry since you do not book your excursions on the Viking website but rather on Viking's guest portal which is called MyVikingJourney (MVJ) and that is where you will find out which tours are being offered in each port on your cruise. As I said, the port pages on the Viking website are generic pages and may show more excursions than are being offered on your sailing.

If you have not already register there, you can follow the link I just gave. You will need your Viking booking number to complete the process; it can be found on your Viking invoice.

Once you have registered, click in the upper left hand corner where it says MENU and choose Shore Excursions. This is where you will find a complete day by day list of the excursions being offered on your sailing and this is where you will book your excursions, including the included tours.

Your tickets for each excursion will be in your cabin on embarkation day. Check them over so that you can deal with any mistakes as quickly as possible.

If there are still problems with no excursions being offered in Rome on the day you are there, contact the folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com for assistance.

Thanks for the information.  There is nothing listed in MyVikingJourney for our stop in Rome or for our first day in Florence/Pisa.  I will contact Viking through the link you listed.  We booked through a travel agent.  Would our travel agent be able to help us?

25 minutes ago, Annarundel said:

Thanks for the information.  There is nothing listed in MyVikingJourney for our stop in Rome or for our first day in Florence/Pisa.  I will contact Viking through the link you listed.  We booked through a travel agent.  Would our travel agent be able to help us?

If you booked through an agent, Viking usually doesn't want to deal with you personally and let the agent earn their money, is my understanding.  I've always gone through Viking.

Hmm. So it is not a new problem. Have you been following the roll call for your sailing? There just a few posts so I was able to learn something. And actually because you itinerary is a b2b there are actually two three roll calls you should be following: one for each leg and one for the combined.

Since your itinerary is really a B2B and Rome will be an embarkation/disembarkation day --and Viking does not normally schedule shorex on those days--there are no shorex posted on MVJ for advanced booking. Or, so I thought until we did our B2B with changeover in Rome last year. I was delightfully surprised when we boarded,  when we learned that there were shorex available for that day for continuing passengers only. However, the lack of shorex for Florence day 1 is another problem that cannot be explained away by it being a changeover day.

I would contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. I work with a TA but when it comes to contacting the folks at TellUs, I contact them directly without going through my TA. My TA does plenty for me but there are just some times when I don't want to play 'whispering down the lane'.