POA Embarkation

GACRUISER456

4 hours ago, GACRUISER456 said:

We would like to spend a good amount of our Saturday touring around Oahu before arriving at the ship.  Can someone tell me what time all-aboard is for embarkation in Honolulu?  Thanks!

All Aboard was 5pm in December 2017

The POA leaves later than most cruises (7pm if I remember right - but check), and most POA cruisers do exactly what you're asking about; they use the day to tour Honolulu.  

When we did our POA cruise, we boarded at our normal time (midday), and found the boarding areas and ship almost empty. So I suspect that with everyone using the day to tour, the boarding area only gets crowded late in the day. Best to keep that in mind when deciding what time to go to the port.  

We plan to board early in the day so that we can find our way around the ship and have some time by the pool before it gets too crowded. We have a very long day before our flight home at the end of the trip, so will probably use that time to do some last minute touring around Honolulu. Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we can go straight to the ship from the airport, dump off our luggage, and then leave the ship for a little exploration in Honolulu before leaving port?  If so, what is close to the terminal that you recommend?