Info needed of Triumph's westerns caribbean (any info)

kenholt

Hello cruisers,Me and my wife will be sailing on the 12th of June onboard the Triumph.Whould like any info on the ship and transportation from the Airports(MIA/Fll) to the pier.Also any info on the ports of call themselves. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

navy-man

HI! I was on the Triumph March 20th, western. We flew in to FLL and the shuttle arrived for us around 11 or 11:30AM. When we disembarked it took us right to the airport once it was full (Ok, DO NOT book a late flight if you will be flying out the same day and have nowhere to put your luggage. We were stuck in the airport for 7 hours. We literally slept on the floor.)
Ok, Cozumel- we swam with the dolphins. I really wish we'd spent some time at the park, but i didn't get to do too much i really wanted since i was there with 2 friends. I plan on going back with my sister at some point. SHE'D want to see the natural beauty of the place instead of spending half the day shopping. Speaking of shopping. YOu can get some good deals in Cozumel, but don't shop too long or you'll end up BROKE! I spent more money in coz than the other ports. Make sure to hit up Carlos and Charlies if you love a party!
What else... Grand Cayman was cool... just beware that its cheapest to take the public bus. Most taxis require you have 4 people in a group. and the taxi and bus drivers drive a little crazy. As my friend said "and I thought seasickness was bad!!"
Ocho Rios... as they will tell you ALL the time on the ship- TAKE A TOUR! We took a private tour through A-z/ Maxi tours. It was wonderful, we got to do what we wanted, we weren't bothered by anyone except the vendors at Dunns River Falls and that wasn't so bad. I LOVED climbing Dunns river falls. And if you're feeling REAL adventurous, go tubing on the white river! It was scary but so much fun. I think it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
John Heald and Wee Jimmy are awesome. You're going to have the best time!!
~Katy

Hi, You'll find the most detailed information on things to see and do in the 'Ports of Call' section on these boards. Take the time to go back and read posts for as long as you can,..the info there is priceless. Have a great cruise. P.

Triumph 1/10/04 "Where it all ends, I can't fathom my friends..If I knew I might toss out my anchor..So I'll CRUISE along, always searching for songs..not a lawyer a thief or a banker"...J. Buffet

I disagree with the poster about booking a late flight. If there is an earlier one, fine but if you only can get a late one, you don't have to sleep at the airport. There are several post cruise tours available and they are excellent and are very reasonable as ship sponsored tours go. I believe there is at least one with transportation to FLL. Nothing worse than hanging out for hours at the airport after you cruise is over. Enjoy every minute in South Florida you can!!

We did Chanakaab Park in Cozumel which is great as well as Peat Taylor in Jamaicia. Search the boards and you'll find a ton of info.

I would recommend just getting a taxi and going to the pier. In Grand Cayman I would definately recommend swimming with the stingrays and in Jamica I would do a tour of the falls (but I would recommend a tour in Jamaica). Have a great time.

Archived