Cruiselines with Good Crafts?

SunnyMary

Can anyone recommend a particular line that has fun crafts, as my teenage daughter enjoys crafting. We have enjoyed Celebrity's crafts, but felt that Carnival's were not fun, in particular. Maybe it depends from cruise to cruise, or ship to ship. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks

Royal Caribbean is now offering scrapbooking classes on their cruises. On our Vision cruise last month (7 day cruise) there were 5 classes. They had oodles of stuff for you to use and the classes were well attended by beginners and advanced scrapbookers. Cruise Director said these classes are now offered fleetwide. Have fun!

Scrapbooking sounds fun! On our NCL Star trip around Hawaii they did several different lei making classes using flowers, nuts and bandanas - we really enjoyed them. I'm not sure if they are still doing them, but you could check on the NCL board if interested. On last year's Carnival Valor cruise there weren't any craft classes that I noticed.

I enjoyed the variety of crafts on the Star Princess last May. Some were old, some were new, but lots of different ideas.

I was disappointed in the crafts on the Celebrity Galaxy last October. It seemed they had 3 projects and didn't know what to do for a transatlantic with many extra sea days.

I am very interested in seeing the Celebrity Summit in May and see if they have different crafts than the Galaxy.

I was on the Norwegian Sky before she became the Pride of Aloha and we were lucky enough to have Kaveka on board. He was going to be the Hawaiian Ambassador on the Pride of Aloha and he had some great crafts to share.

I will be exstatic(sp) if the RCCL Jewel of the Sea has scrapbooking when I am on her in Sept. Yahoo!

Happy crafting!

Carol

Archived