Latitudes Tier Level Mistake

vpearlkc

22 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Nobody has ever reported being moved back a level as far as I know. You aren’t one of the lucky ones, it seems to be happening to everyone (nobody has ever replied to one of these threads saying they didn’t get the upgrade as far as I can recall).

There is no reason why they should move you back down. I don’t think that this is an error. It looks quite clear to me that they decided to just upgrade people based on the old tier levels. It’s been going on for some time now and I suppose they will probably stop doing so at some point but once they have upgraded you they aren’t going to take it back.

Interesting that they're continuing to upgrade people according to the old tier levels.

Dont worry about it and just enjoy the benefits on your next cruise.

That's exactly what I'll do!

Thanks

On 2/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, nikki908 said:

I found this thread after I logged into my account and discovered I'm at Platinum, with 76 points.  I hit 76 points after my last cruise in October 2018 (booked in June 2018). In February 2017 I was only at 62 points, with no cruises booked.  I figured it might be a mistake so I went looking for info.  Apparently this is happening to some people and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!  According to the grandfathering rules, there's no reason I'd be grandfathered in to the old point system.

So, if my account says I'm Platinum, then that's official?  That's what NCL will have my level on my next cruise?  That would be awesome, some of the perks really appeal to me, like the specialty dinners. 

Has anyone had their account moved back a level?  Wondering if NCL ever takes a second look at the lattitudes levels assigned to people.

We also reached  Plattinum status this week after reaching 77 points  after completing our 10 day cruise on the Pearl last Sunday.   Thanks NCL.  

Got off the Breakaway last Sunday and just checked my Latitudes points to see if they were updated. They were and I now have 77 points but I am shown as being at Platinum Level. 

Does anyone have any idea why I may now be Platinum though 3 points short? I am guessing it is just a glitch in the system but who knows?

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2017/01/31/adjusting-latitudes-changing-the-norwegian-loyalty-program/

this shows that Platinum needs 76

Edited by shout19661966

14 minutes ago, shout19661966 said:

76 was the old rules. It is 80 now.

i assume you are looking at the box on that link. The left hand box was the old points requirements. The right box is current.

However, as discussed above they seem to still be working to the old points, regardless of what the rules say.

• 4 weeks later...

We also appear to be grandfathered under the old tiers. We boarded Epic last month as Gold, with only 49 points. We now have 63 points and have a 5/4 B2B booked next month, in a suite, under the Latitudes offer. If the grandfathering holds up, we should be Platinum after the first leg!

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2019 at 11:52 PM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

We also appear to be grandfathered under the old tiers. We boarded Epic last month as Gold, with only 49 points. We now have 63 points and have a 5/4 B2B booked next month, in a suite, under the Latitudes offer. If the grandfathering holds up, we should be Platinum after the first leg!

And indeed we did become Platinum after the first leg of our B2B. 🙂 

Unfortunately however, because our second leg was only 4 nights, we did not receive most of the Platinum perks as they are only given on cruises of "5 days or longer". 😞 

We were completely unaware of this limitation until the TA at the table beside us in Cagney's discovered it and was quite unhappy. 

7 hours ago, cruiser147147 said:

Glad this old thread came back up.  Thought I was 2 days short of platinum but just checked and I am now Platinum.  Woo-hoo!!

Yes, it appears the grandfathering wasn't a one-level-only or credit-for-already-booked-cruises thing! 

We were silver when the change was made, and had no future cruises booked at the time. Became Gold after our November 2018 cruise and then became Platinum last week. 

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yes, it appears the grandfathering wasn't a one-level-only or credit-for-already-booked-cruises thing! 

Yes, that is the case.

For some reason people don't seem to want to believe this, but it is certainly the case.