Unless you are into Drunken Battery Avoid the Getaway

djpeteski

once we were near an elevator and around 2 am every night a group of rowdy late teens would get off and wake everyone up.  After the 3rd. night we complained to security and that night security was at the elevator and spoke to them....didn't happen again another time a "family " was running down the halls at 1am .  It was the parents and 3 kids ...the kids were ages 10-5....This was the second night in a row it happened, so my husband very nicely opened the door and suggested that they walk silently until they enter the room because some people were already asleep...Thank you...The parents loudly told their kids and of course anyone who was  listening  that this is their cruise and they paid for it and they don't have to listen to anyone.....This is a perfect example of why teachers have complaints about parents and you can have a group of rowdy teens.....I was on a ship once when every time the elevator opened the same kid was on pushing all the buttons....after about the 4th time this happened I told the kid that I knew the Captain personally and if I see him again doing the same thing on any elevator...he and his parents will be taken off the ship at the next port.....Never saw him again.......We have taken almost 70 cruises and have never seen a whole bunch of drunks.  We've seen a 3 year old take over a hot tub....with no parents around.... and a couple of people take over and save an entire 1st row in the theater ..night after night.....and nothing being done...because employees are told they can't say things to people....they are afraid they will be sued.  ......people come in all personalities.....we just have to make sure that we are good cruisers and show good examples and...not sweat the "small stuff"🤗

3 hours ago, myjillian said:

and a couple of people take over and save an entire 1st row in the theater ..night after night.....and nothing being done...because employees are told they can't say things to people....they are afraid they will be sued.  ......people come in all personalities.....we just have to make sure that we are good cruisers and show good examples and...not sweat the "small stuff"🤗

We have encountered this on other cruise lines. With NCL its a non issue when we are in the Haven. On other ships we just sit down in what ever row we want, even "saved" rows. 

at 6'2" and 250 I have had no challengers yet! lol I pity the fool that tries to save a row of seats!

Edited by e2011
  • Like 1