Just off Miracle out of Tampa, any questions??

rucingok

We just returned from a 7 day western on the Miracle.  Had bad weather, but every thing else was fine.  No issues, food was good, shows were "cute".  Ship was full but never felt crowded.  I'll be happy to answer any specific questions that I can.  We did not do cheers and we were in cabins 4190 and 4192

Edited by rucingok

Hi-going out of Tampa soon on the Paradise-this has been asked before but wondering how embarkation was-we have been on many Carnival ships and this is the latest time we have ever had reserved to get on (1:00). We did not do FTTF because that was for noon and did not seem worth it. Wondering if we arrive earlier than 1, if we would be able to get on? You may have no idea but just wondering how the process is in Tampa! Glad you had fun-sorry about the weather, was it rainy or cool?

2 hours ago, cruise questions said:

Hi-going out of Tampa soon on the Paradise-this has been asked before but wondering how embarkation was-we have been on many Carnival ships and this is the latest time we have ever had reserved to get on (1:00). We did not do FTTF because that was for noon and did not seem worth it. Wondering if we arrive earlier than 1, if we would be able to get on? You may have no idea but just wondering how the process is in Tampa! Glad you had fun-sorry about the weather, was it rainy or cool?

Embarkation is FUNtastic!!!

We did not do the chefs table.  Our arrival time was 12;00-12;30 and we arrived in that window .  Walked to the first set of ropes which was marked with the different arrival times.  Ours was empty so we  were called immediately to the area where they check your boarding pass.  There were people in the 12;30-1;00 line and 1:00-1:30 lines.  best I could tell they were taking people from those lines when the other lines were empty.  We did see a few being called while they were confirming our boarding pass. The embarkation was quick and easy and I swear less than 20 minutes.  Debarkation was about 20 minutes too.  No lines, no customs forms , just a verbal question if we had anything to declare. We did self debark and had early flights.  We met in the Phantom theater to be called about 8:45  The customs official did scrutinize our passports really close for some reason.

• Like 2

Hi, we are getting ready for the same cruise on the Miracle you did! How were your staterooms..were they quiet? convenient? any view? We have 4117 and 4121. 

Was there shampoo and conditioner provided?

What excursions did you do?

Sailed on the  Miracle earlier this year and are booked for another one in April. Loved the Miracle and found it so easy to get around. Food was great and crew very friendly. Embarkation in Tampa is easy. We are Platinums and arrive at the Port about 11:30 and are on board in just a few minutes. We also sail on the Paradise a lot and embarkation is also easy. We always do Valet parking and it's right by where you take the escalator upstairs to starting the boarding process. On another thread, someone referred to the Miracle as a rust bucket, but don't believe it. The ship was in great ship.

So I booked a balcony on Miracle 1/6/19 on the Verandah deck/7239, and my travelling partner has never had a balcony during their cruising career. All they're concerned about is a bathrobe and the balcony. Do they still supply them in rooms, or is this additional? Thanks for any info.

Our rooms were quiet for the most part.  One night I heard bass vibration half the night.  Not sure if it was coming form dance club, since that was along way away.  Only heard it one night.  Very convenient location, especially to MDR.  We had YTD one floor down.   No view, could basically see day light and water around lifeboat, if you ducked down and or looked to the side.  

Shampoo and body wash, no conditioner.  Theme night of 80's deck party but I really did not see anyone dressed.  We stayed on deck and listened to the band until about 10;30.  Lots of ugly Christmas sweaters though!!

I agree with the above poster, I would not call it a rust bucket.  Boats and hotels  get damaged and wear and tear pretty quickly, but nothing that caught my attention.  Few small rusty spots on the outside here and there and a few scuffed walls and corners in side but nothing that stood out and made me notice.

We did not have robes, but there was a note saying let room steward know if you wanted one.  We did not.

Entertainment was what I would call cute, not Broadway for sure, but entertaining for the middle aged folks for about 30 min per night. We went to all 7:30 shows and then went to the PG comedian directly after at 8:30.  You had to high tail it down from the theater to the punchliner pretty quick to get a seat. Nothing that I would have paid $ for but a good way to wind down in the evening.   We did not go to piano bar any, but it was Pete.

Daft sailors was I guess the house band and they were really good.  Also some good violinist in the atrium.  Frankie was the CD.  he was entertaining.  Will be taking vacay in Jan -April I think he said but will be back after that.  

For excursions we were supposed to take a taxi to Paradise beach for the day in Cozumel.  We have been there before and love it.  Unfortunately it rained all day, so we hit the port shops just to get off the ship.  I was glad we did not have anything booked.  Heard several complaints from passengers that were forced to do their pre paid excursions in the rain. Belize was cave tubing with Vitalino's Company.  Roatan was Daniel Johnson monkey and sloth hangout and we also snorkeled with them.  We thought snorkeling was only average, much better in Cayman, Hawaii....after that we hit Mahogany beach for an hour.  If I had it to do over I would just do Monkey and sloth and then hand out at Mahogany beach.   GC was cancelled due to high winds, ship could not port.  We were planning on going to Stingray sandbar, which we have been to before and highly recommend.  

My family and I are going on the Miracle in June for my daughter's graduation present. We're getting an aft balcony for the first time. When I went on the Legend many years ago it was my favorite ship. I'm hoping Miracle compares with the Legend. My sister will be joining us with her family. Any tips for a large group? I did make sure she got faster to the fun since I'm Platinum. 

The ship is really easy to navigate.  I think everyone has to be present to be seated in MDR.  My hubby and I had our designated coffee spot in the am.  Since we were in separate cabins, we would meet up for coffee at a spot on Lido.  Same spot everyday.  We never knew if the other was up until we stepped out of the cabin.  We each had a cabin with a teen.  Put up do not disturb sign and head up.  If we saw DND sign up, we knew then other one was already up there.  Also Punchliner gets packed, maybe send someone down there early??