Granduer questions

landgirl

I am a first time cruiser and have a few questions. Can anyone help? I will be sailing in July for my honeymoon. I have heard some not-so-good reviews about the food. How is the food overall? My fiance is a picky eater. Will he be happy with the limited food choices? I have also heard some negative things about noise in some of the cabins. I will have a balcony. Is there a better place on the ship or a better deck that would be less noisy? I am also a little worried about the ship being smaller and older. Did anyone find this to be a problem with the overall look of the ship and opportunities for activities? Thanks to anyone who can offer some help and/or honest advice.

Hi Landgirl,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I've sailed on Grandeur three times in the past two years and thought the food was wonderful! I'm a pretty picky eater, but I always found way more than enough to eat :D. There are always alternate choices for dinner if you don't like the evening's specials. They always offer steak, chicken, a pasta dish, etc. A couple of times I ordered the steak if I didn't want one of nightly features. It wasn't as good as one of the specials, but it sure was better than anything I would have whipped up at home. The desserts are especially yummy! Didn't run into many (if any) that I didn't love. :p They always offer prime rib on the first night, and mine has always been delicious. I don't eat seafood, so I don't know about that.

This ship is older than the Voyager series, and it does show some wear. But it certainly isn't small! It's not as big as Voyager, etc, but you'll definitely have plenty of space. Even though it doesn't look brand new, it's still a beautiful ship. And don't worry about not finding enough things to do; there are loads of fun things to do on the ship. (Besides...you're on your honeymoon! Now I feel like I'm about 100 and like I've been married forever, but I can vaguely remember back to the good ole days of being young and whatever.;) ) The "love and marriage" game show is a riot! They always pick honeymooners as one of the couples, although I think you have to be nuts to want to embarass yourself like the couples on stage do. The Quest was hysterical when we went last summer. I just saw it again in December, and it was really tame in comparison but was still fun.

Which cruise are you going on - Bermuda or the Florida/Bahamas/Mexico one? We went on the one to Bermuda last summer, and loved it. We're going again July 2. I can't wait! In the summer of 2004 the cruise out of Baltimore was the same all summer, a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas and Florida. Loved that one, too. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time whichever one you're going on. Have fun as you're getting ready for your wedding and honeymoon!

Deb

Deb -- Thanks for your advice. I guess I just have the "first time nerves". I know we will have a good time, afterall it is our honeymoon!! We will be going to Florida and Mexico (Port Canaveral, Miami, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, and one more I can't think of.) There didn't seem to be too much in the Florida areas though?!?! I believe it will be sometime in late July.

Happy Cruising :)

Archived