Question/Poll: Pier upgrades...

Hi all, I so value all of your opinions and I'm so addicted to this site. For those of you who upgraded at the pier, can you give me an idea of how this went? Did you save more than you would have if you originally booked the higher category? We are booked into an inside stateroom for our upcoming cruise since we wanted to have a nice vacation on a smaller budget. We will be taking a BIG cruise next year for our 10th anniversary. We'd love, however, to upgrade for a good price (if one were available). If you are willing, will you share your upgrade stories with me so I can know what to expect? Where do I ask about upgrades? Would this be at the purser's desk after boarding or at the actual pier before boarding?

Also, for those of you who have booked your next cruise while on board, how much is the savings (approximately)? Would you say it is better than what you can get just booking through a travel agent well in advance? We are planning to book the above mentioned anniversary cruise very soon (as soon as we decide where to go and what ship) but if the savings are significant booking on board, we'll wait until May to book on the ship. Thanks again for your suggestions!!!

Archived