St. Maarten Excursions

lovecaribbean6179

Hello cruisers.  Doing Eastern Caribbean in May of 2019.  First time to this area.  Have been perusing excursions offered by Carnival.   Can't decide whether to do Old Town Philipsburg by Trolley Train and beach or Island tour & Beach Break with Lunch.  Both were recommended 100% by cruisers.

Appreciate any feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in December, but not with Carnival.  On our cruise, we took an island tour of the whole island and enjoyed it very much.  It will be an eye-opening experience for you.  The island is slowly rebuilding after the hurricanes, and I am sure by the time you are there, there will be much more rebuilt.  Overall the island seems to be bouncing back and certainly depends on tourism.  You still might see some structures gone or not yet rebuilt, but there is new construction in many areas.  We took the island tour as we wanted to see the two different sides and it was a great experience.  People were lovely and appreciative of tourists for their business.  We enjoyed the town of Marigot--a wonderful market area and places to eat.  I hope you enjoy this island as much as we did!

• 5 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 8:03 PM, lovecaribbean6179 said:

Hello cruisers.  Doing Eastern Caribbean in May of 2019.  First time to this area.  Have been perusing excursions offered by Carnival.   Can't decide whether to do Old Town Philipsburg by Trolley Train and beach or Island tour & Beach Break with Lunch.  Both were recommended 100% by cruisers.

Appreciate any feedback.

Hello heading there on the Carnival Magic in July and i too am instrested in the Train Trolly. Were you able to just walk up and buy a ticket? Carnival wants 60 for grownups and 40 for kids seems a bit steep. Any info you have would be great

On 1/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, Mtngirl2 said:

We were there in December, but not with Carnival.  On our cruise, we took an island tour of the whole island and enjoyed it very much.  It will be an eye-opening experience for you.  The island is slowly rebuilding after the hurricanes, and I am sure by the time you are there, there will be much more rebuilt.  Overall the island seems to be bouncing back and certainly depends on tourism.  You still might see some structures gone or not yet rebuilt, but there is new construction in many areas.  We took the island tour as we wanted to see the two different sides and it was a great experience.  People were lovely and appreciative of tourists for their business.  We enjoyed the town of Marigot--a wonderful market area and places to eat.  I hope you enjoy this island as much as we did!

Who did you book your tour with, it sound like what I’m looking for.

thanks in advance.

It was a private tour booked by someone in our Cruise Critic group.  Looking back at emails, the name "diedericksxmtours" comes up.  I did a Google search with that info and found the company in St Maarten.  That is all I know!

Edited by Mtngirl2
Update info