what to do before flight home?

Jessieasanders

My husband and I will be taking our two teenage girls on a NCL cruise in late March.  Our flight home isn’t until 730pm out JFK.  We will have luggage.  I’m now trying to come up with a plan for how we will occupy our time in between leaving the boat and getting on a plane about 10 hours later.  Thoughts? Tips? 

First take a taxi to Schwartz luggage http://www.schwartztravel.com/ to store your luggage. Second, take a hop on hop off bus to tour the city..... there are several and you can book them online I believe. Lastly, be sure to leave more than enough time to get to JFK as  you'll probably be getting there during rush hour which slows things down.

Edited by Noxequifans

• 2 weeks later...

I think most NCL ships disembark on a Sunday from the Manhattan Terminal. If that is true for your cruise, traffic to JFK should not be as heavy as rush hour traffic on a week day.

However, I would plan to leave the City at least 3 hours ahead of your flight time on a Sunday and at least 4 hours ahead on a weekday.

I would rather be sitting at the airport than in a traffic jam.

This advice is from a New Yorker with 50 years of driving experience in the NY metro area.