Port Canaveral- car rental or NCL transfer?

misslyss1220

Hi all, we'll be on the Norwegian Escape and docking in Port Canaveral from 1 pm - 9 pm. DH and I want to go to Disney Springs. NCL has a transfer for $35pp and it says you're there for approximately 3.5 hours (plus 1 hour each way is 5.5 hours total). I read one review on NCL that the bus drops off folks at the parks first and then goes to Disney Springs, which cuts back on the time spent there. 

If we rent a car, we'd probably get a couple more hours out of the day there, and the cost wouldn't be much more than taking the NCL transfer. But wondering if that's worth the hassle of getting an Uber/shuttle to the rental car place and back to the ship after? Has anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions? Thank you 🙂

All of the PC/Cocoa Beach car rental agencies will shuttle you from the port to their office, but most will close about 5-6:00, so you might need an Uber or Taxi after you drop off the car.  The drive is pretty easy - mostly highways.  We rented a car a few years ago for a PC stop and made it to Universal and back with out issues.  Your call! :classic_cool:

On 12/31/2018 at 9:54 AM, JohninDC said:

All of the PC/Cocoa Beach car rental agencies will shuttle you from the port to their office, but most will close about 5-6:00, so you might need an Uber or Taxi after you drop off the car.  The drive is pretty easy - mostly highways.  We rented a car a few years ago for a PC stop and made it to Universal and back with out issues.  Your call! :classic_cool:

Can I ask, which car agency did you use?  We found the Avis shuttle to be over crowded and poorly serviced.  Of course it may be different if this is a port of call versus disembarking.

15 minutes ago, TNcruiser829 said:

Can I ask, which car agency did you use?  We found the Avis shuttle to be over crowded and poorly serviced.  Of course it may be different if this is a port of call versus disembarking.

We typically use Avis for a corporate rate I get and have been happy with the service. We also used National a long time ago and were happy. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 9:54 AM, JohninDC said:

Thank you! We typically use Avis, but they don't say whether they do after hours drop off, and the rental center is farther away from the port than National (which looks to be right there) and does after hours. My husband will call Avis to find out about after hours dropoff (unless you know? 🙂)

I just need to decide if it's worth the possible hassle, or if we should just take the darn NCL transfer. Hmmmmm.

• 2 months later...