Angled Balconies on NCL

TrpngBilly

I didn't see this specifically referenced so I'll throw it out there.  Anyone cruising NCL ships may want to consider looking at the few cabins with cantilevered balconies in the various Balcony categories.  There are a few that have a cantilevered or "angled" balcony that provides more sq. ft. for the same base price.  I found this by accident, when sailing on the Breakaway this past year.  Our cabin had a balcony that was angled slightly forward.  The balcony was noticeably larger than a standard balcony in our friend's cabin within the same cabin category.    I was pleased and glad that I found it by accident because I would never have thought to look into it.  I would estimate that the angled balcony we had on Breakaway was about 30% larger than the standard balcony.  It was large enough for a lounger, table and regular chair.

As an example, we are sailing on the Bliss in cabin 14868 and if you look at the deck plans you will notice that there is an angle to the balcony.

Bliss14868.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the strategic-for-me bump, IRMO.  I just booked my first cruise a week ago (1st post here), 7-day Mexican Riviera.  Our 15th deck stateroom on the Joy is one of these rooms - nice!  We used a travel-agent friend who obviously knew what she was doing - she had been on one of the North American market preview cruises a few weeks ago.  We can't wait for January!  We're strolling down to the waterfront this weekend for our own "preview" - my gf lives a few blocks up the hill from Bell Street Pier (though we'll be sailing from Long Beach...)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...