Non-ship tour with just 2 people

Bandera Cruiser

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas and in Falmouth on March 14. I would love to have my 6 year old experience Blue Hole or Dunn's, but I am having a hard time finding a non-cruise excursion that will take just the two of us. I have offered that we are willing to join another small group, but none of the companies I have contacted have that option. Currently. I understand they have to have another small group willing to share.

Does anyone have suggestions on a company that is more likely to have that option?

Peat Taylor, we used his company twice.  The first time it was him and the second time his son took us around.  You could let him know you are looking to join a group.  He is usually busy so would probably have a group for you to join.  There are also several excursion sites you can book through.  I'm not sure if a 6 year old can climb the falls, I thought the age limit was 7 but am not 100% sure.  You may want to research that. 

My wife and I used Marvyn's Paradise Tours. Picked us up at the port and we first went to Dunn's River Falls and had a blast. Then we went touring, shopping and eating in downtown Ochi. We had an amazing day and I'll use them every single time we go back. 

• 3 weeks later...

We used Ricardo with libertytoursjamaica.com and they were fantastic.  Took us to the Blue Hole, and island tour, and lunch.  We felt safe and comfortable the entire time.  The driver stayed with us the entire day.  Hope they can help you out.  The Blue Hole really is a must see!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out we are going to Ocho Rios on our cruise at end of April instead of Montego Bay.   Can you tell what what you see at the Blue Hole?  I have a mobility issue and not sure what is involved in viewing that place.

Also what was the cost  for the whole day tour you took (we are 2 people).  Thanks in advance.

The Blue Hole is beautiful but depending on your mobility issues may be difficult.  It's climbing up the falls and doing jumps back in.  My dad walks with a cane and chose to stay up top and just watch his wife/kids/grandkids play in the falls.  We were a party of 9 so I'm sure our costs would be different but if I remember right we paid about 60 per person for our entire day.  It really was worth it - we all had a great time.  I hope you enjoy your trip!

On 1/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, mexico8 said:

Just found out we are going to Ocho Rios on our cruise at end of April instead of Montego Bay.   Can you tell what what you see at the Blue Hole?  I have a mobility issue and not sure what is involved in viewing that place.

Also what was the cost  for the whole day tour you took (we are 2 people).  Thanks in advance.

We just Did Dunns River Falls and the Blue Hole last Tuesday.

Honestly, with mobility issues I would not do either.  I can't see it being worth the price if you will struggle climbing up the waterfalls, crossing moving water and jumping off rock ledges into deep pools then swimming to the point where you climb out of the water at the Blue Hole.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I were in Ocho Rios mid February 19 and had been referred to a private driver.  Carlos.  Emailed ahead and reserved a day tour.

https://tours-by-carlos.business.site/?hl=en.

Carlos Williams email carlostours44@yahoo.com

He was super nice.  He listened to what we might like to do, how much time we had then took us a a small tour including Blue Hole, Dunns River, local attractions and a lunch.  Could not have been more professional and courteous.  

I agree with the comment that mobility would be a challenge especially at Blue Hole.

Edited by mjwcpa