P&O B931 and B931a

4lin

Can someone please tell me which London airport is used for Caribbean fly cruises?   We're going in November but all the info I  can find is 'London' which isn't very helpful. I want to book an overnight hotel but obviously can't do this until I know which airport!  I wonder if it's because Thomas Cook airline is showing no flights at all to Barbados in November from Gatwick although has flights in Oct and December which seems a bit strange.

Be aware that if you are flying out and back, P&O may use different London airports. 

I recently booked a cruise with London airports on it. When the confirmation came through they had us flying out from Gatwick but returning to Heathrow. This had not been mentioned or stated during the booking process, which enable me to change airports without paying a supplement.

When we've been on a fly cruise to the Caribbean - 9 times - we've always flown from Gatwick and for us it's either been Thomas Cook or Thomson (Tui).  Depending on which company it's either been South or North Terminal.  We've always stayed in the hotel within the airport that has a walkway straight to Departures.  I think it's the Hilton in the South Terminal and the Sofitel in the North and I think it's Tui in the North Terminal and Thomas Cook in the South - much prefer Tui to Thomas Cook.  Usually we've known our flight times very early on but things seem to have changed.

Its not very satisfactory is it?  This will be our first cruise with P and O and I can't say I'm very impressed so far.  I suppose I'll have to wait until they send me more info but I will not be happy if our trip involves two different airports. 

Thank you for your answers.

Although ZZRLAD has experienced returning to a different London airport, I think this is unusual rather than the norm.  The vast majority return to the same airport, which is normally Gatwick.

Annieuk is right about the hotels she mentions but if you want comfort rather than luxury, I would recommend the Premier Inn at Gatwick North Terminal.  It is not connected by tunnel but is right opposite the entrance to the North Terminal, so very convenient.  Should you fly out of the South Terminal, the monorail link is also right by the North Terminal entrance and takes literally a couple of minutes.  You could of course book this at a flexible rate and then cancel once your flight is confirmed to get a cheaper rate or change hotels if you wanted.

Although it is frustrating, many cruise lines do not confirm flight details early and some even use indirect routes.  At least you are guaranteed a direct flight and easy transfer to your ship on arrival in Barbados.

I suspect the reason the Thomas Cook flights are not showing is because they are charter flights for P&O.

Whilst there may be flights from Cardiff, there are flights from Gatwick for every cruise. Usually a Tui and Thomas Cook charter. Also there are usually flights from Manchester and Birmingham. There are also occasional flights from other airports such as Newcastle and Glasgow to name but two.

Brian

12 hours ago, slug33ukuk said:

Its possible the flights are from Cardiff..we flew in Jan and Dec 2018 from Cardiff to Barbados on Azura and Britannia

I don't think even Ryanair would say that Cardiff counts as a London airport!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, slug33ukuk said:

Better than Gatwick lol

Indeed - I've never had the pleasure of flying from Cardiff, but most small (no disrespect) airports are better than their larger counterparts.  My local airport, Doncaster, for example, is fantastic. However,  as larger airports go, I quite like LGW, and much prefer it to to, say, LTN or STN.  

they only do 2 flights a months nov -feb from Cardiff using the Dreamliner..very comfortable aircraft...and only 45 mnts drive...cutting it down to 1 a month next year....if we go from Gatwick it means an extra night in a hotel plus transport there and back   to be honest if it wasnt flying from Cardiff we wouldnt do the cruise.because we have done a number of cruises there and stayed on most of the islands.....but we do love Barbados