Around Curacao Tours or Santa Barbara Beach Resort?

boilermaker330

Has anyone experienced both? We have never been to Curacao, so think a guided tour is probably the way to go, but keep seeing good reviews about the day pass at Santa Barbara Beach Resort. Feedback from someone who has tried both would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by boilermaker330

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 11:31 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

We're booked with Around Curacao Tours for March and we'll write a review when we get back.  Probably too late for you though.  When are you going?

Dan

We are cruising the first week of April. I'll check for your review!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 9:46 PM, boilermaker330 said:

We are cruising the first week of April. I'll check for your review!

Looks like Andy's van at aroundcuracaotours.com was in an accident.  I reached out to him to confirm our reservation, and he made me aware that the can is probably out of commission for at least a few weeks.  I wish he would have let me know proactively, but the accident was only a few days prior so I'll give him a break.  It's bad enough to have your operation disrupted by someone running into you van.

We had March 20th booked, but he doesn't think the van will be repaired by then.  😞  Looking at other options now.

Dan

On 2/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Looks like Andy's van at aroundcuracaotours.com was in an accident.  I reached out to him to confirm our reservation, and he made me aware that the can is probably out of commission for at least a few weeks.  I wish he would have let me know proactively, but the accident was only a few days prior so I'll give him a break.  It's bad enough to have your operation disrupted by someone running into you van.

We had March 20th booked, but he doesn't think the van will be repaired by then.  😞  Looking at other options now.

Dan

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm glad you found out before arriving and hope you find a good alternative. I'll reach out to Andy to see if I need to do the same.

22 minutes ago, boilermaker330 said:

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm glad you found out before arriving and hope you find a good alternative. I'll reach out to Andy to see if I need to do the same.

Thanks, yeah we were able to find Irie tours which are colorful open air buses. They have a west side beach hopping tour that includes snorkeling with the turtles and the national Park and other great stops. They get very good reviews on trip advisor as well. $65 per person for the west side tour.

http://www.irietours.com/

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from 10 day Southern Caribbean on Koningsdam and we did the Irie beach hopping tour while in Curacao. We wanted to do lots of snorkelling on this trip so brought our own gear along.  We met tour up right outside the gate of the terminal to board the bus.  It was a school bus with no windows, which was nice for fresh air, the seats were snug for leg room (worse than an airplane) but the tour was fantastic!  We stopped at a few different beaches where you could swim, snorkel, cliff jump or just relax.  At a couple spots you could buy food and drinks (the tour included drinks).  They mentioned that they had masks and snorkels (no fins) for those that didn’t have their own gear.  The snorkelling was great, and at one stop we got to snorkel with turtles.  Those who didn’t want to swim could see them from above. I guess it will depend on your port time, but we got back with lots of time to shower have a snack and then head out to walk around town.  Overall great tour, would highly recommend it. 

48F1DDF2-92C7-4236-AF6F-C948D2B6CDAD.jpeg

Edited by trophy_23
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back on my experience with Irie tours as well.  I captured it here in the Curacao portion of my review of our cruise.  Highly recommended.

By the way, we  also have our own snorkel gear that we brought, but they have it if you need it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2648912-navigator-ots-review-9-amazing-nights-march-15-24-2019/?tab=comments#comment-57120111

Dan