Restaurants on Playa de Los Muertos in PV

Lorabelle

Hubby and I would like to find a casual restaurant/bar on the sand where we can claim a table for several hours.  We would buy lunch, and several drinks, while enjoying the atmosphere and taking an occasional dip in the ocean.  

Anyone have any recommendations for places that would allow us to camp out in their establishment in that fashion?  I was thinking maybe The Sea Monkey would be such a place?  Are there others that anyone has any experience with?

We are not looking to just hog up a table without ordering drinks and food, and we always tip well. Thanks for any suggestions! 

The sea monkey could work, but the beach  isn’t always the best there, and the ocean isn’t as swimmable. Certainly doable, we just usually head a little farther south towards the pier. We really like Langastino’s. Good drinks and food. They have loungers as well as tables/chairs. A little farther down from that is La Caretta. We’ve been going to PV for land vacations for many years and finally tried this place last summer. LOVED it! The service couldn’t have been better. Very good drinks and food. Both of these restaurants are very reasonably priced in my book, just FYI. 

If if you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, La Palapa is very nice, and the food is quite good. For us it’s more of a special occasion spot, but it’s definitely an option! 

Have a a great trip! 

Thanks for your input.  I have been doing a bit more searching using Google Earth, and I put Langastino's on my list of places to look into.  Not looking for upscale on this trip, but I did look at La Palapa and it looks very nice.  We just want a casual spot where we can swim a bit, eat and have some adult beverages.  I also looked at Burros, a review on Yelp mentioned that you could hang out at a table all day if you wanted to.  It appears to be in between Langastino's and The Sea Monkey, would you happen to know if the beach is OK in that area?  It's next to La Cebolla Roja if that helps any.  Google Earth won't let me get closer to the beach than the walkway that runs in front of the restaurants.  

Edited by Lorabelle

Burros can be doable, depending on the day. Some days the beach is good and there are plenty of loungers on the beach fairly close to the water. Other days the beach isn’t great and and the chairs and tables are farther back, super close to the restaurant. Their frozen drinks are very good! 🙂

Last time we were in PV, the Red Onion - La Cabolla Roja- was closed and I believe changing hands. I hear it has reopened under new owners, and hear good things! If you get dropped off at the Sea Monkey, you can just walk down the beach and see what looks appealing, crowd/beach, etc. it’s my favorite way to spend a day in PV for sure!

2 minutes ago, JennPVMX said:

Burros can be doable, depending on the day. Some days the beach is good and there are plenty of loungers on the beach fairly close to the water. Other days the beach isn’t great and and the chairs and tables are farther back, super close to the restaurant. Their frozen drinks are very good! 🙂

Last time we were in PV, the Red Onion - La Cabolla Roja- was closed and I believe changing hands. I hear it has reopened under new owners, and hear good things! If you get dropped off at the Sea Monkey, you can just walk down the beach and see what looks appealing, crowd/beach, etc. it’s my favorite way to spend a day in PV for sure!

Yes, that's just what we were talking about doing.  After looking on Google Earth, it looks like there are restaurants one after another.  Hoping to find the one with really good chilequiles for breakfast, and the good margaritas and nachos for lunch!  Haha!  Have been cruising Yelp this evening looking at food pictures and now I'm starving!  

I think we may go down toward Langostino's to start, they have breakfast and my beloved chilequiles.  Then we can meander back toward The Sea Monkey, stopping at other places along the way till we head back to the ship.