Dining reservations

asoe28

I'm not actually antisocial - I'm happy to chat with strangers in lines, on excursions, waiting for a show to begin, forming a team for trivia or other games, etc. I just don't want to feel trapped and have a nice meal converted into 90 minutes of forced cordiality. I still remember the old days of cruising where an assigned dining companion not showing up for dinner for whatever reason could be either a disappointment or the biggest blessing imaginable 😉

30 years later we still talk about the couple who spread out all of their (literally dozens of) medications/vitamins/supplements on the table and told us what each one was for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am a solo traveler and I booked all my specialty restaurants for one.  I think that if I run into another person to dine with that I can call and change the table to two with little trouble, also from past experience the Social Hostess may be able to bump up from a single table to a larger table for a group. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:46 PM, RELS said:

Compass Rose does not require reservations. Walk in whenever you want. Some evenings there might be a slight wait if you arrive at a popular time, especially if you want a table for two.

If you do face a little wait you may step down to one of the lounges and the host will notify you when the table is ready