Soap! MSC Seaside

gold438

Yes you can bring your own. We always bring our own, no matter which cruise line we're on. Our preferred choice for our cruise vacations is H2O+ Sea Salt Body Wash. We discovered this while cruising aboard the Disney Fantasy Concierge years ago and love it. It just seems to go with the Caribbean Seas. It's still a liquid though.

H2O Sea Salt.JPG

Edited by max996

59 minutes ago, max996 said:

Yes you can bring your own. We always bring our own, no matter which cruise line we're on. Our preferred choice for our cruise vacations is H2O+ Sea Salt Body Wash. We discovered this while cruising aboard the Disney Fantasy Concierge years ago and love it. It just seems to go with the Caribbean Seas. It's still a liquid though.

H2O Sea Salt.JPG

We bring our own all of the time....but I have to say, I just looked this up and it is $18!!!!!  Holy Cow!!!  Does the soap have gold in it?  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

We bring our own all of the time....but I have to say, I just looked this up and it is $18!!!!!  Holy Cow!!!  Does the soap have gold in it?  

LOL! That's funny. No, there's not any gold in it. It is expensive, which is why we buy one bottle for the cabin to use during our 7-night cruises. Just a little cherry we put on top of our cruise vacations. 

It smells great though. Sometimes, you can find it at Marshall's for less than $10. But we usually pick up a bottle at the Ulta near the Miami airport before boarding the ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, max996 said:

LOL! That's funny. No, there's not any gold in it. It is expensive, which is why we buy one bottle for the cabin to use during our 7-night cruises. Just a little cherry we put on top of our cruise vacations. 

It smells great though. Sometimes, you can find it at Marshall's for less than $10. But we usually pick up a bottle at the Ulta near the Miami airport before boarding the ship.

Thanks for the tip!  Will check Marshalls....it sounds amazing

• Like 2

Regardless of the products provided by the cruise line, I always bring a bar of soap from home. Takes up very little space in my suitcase and lasts all week!

Max, I'm with you on the H2O+ products. I've been buying the Sea Salt Body Butter since our DCL days. I usually get it at Ulta when they have a BOGO sale or I use points (or both).

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HeavySeaman said:

I heard that one of the best things about MSC is the blue shower gel in the dispenser. No?

I've heard that too, but having compared it against H2O during our last couple of cruises I can honestly say that I much prefer the H2O. The MSC bath wash is fine, nothing against it at all - but the H2O Sea Salt just smells like it belongs on a cruise ship during a trek through the Caribbean.

Edited by max996

17 hours ago, gold438 said:

From all I read the cabin has liquid soap and shampoo dispensers but we like a bar of soap. Will our cabin steward bring us a bar if requested? 

Yes, you will get a bar of soap for use at the sink. I'm sure if you asked for extra (for use in the shower) they would give you more. I'm a bar of soap person myself!

On 1/7/2019 at 4:54 PM, gold438 said:

From all I read the cabin has liquid soap and shampoo dispensers but we like a bar of soap. Will our cabin steward bring us a bar if requested? 

Bring your own.