Hotels near Manhattan cruise port that offer free parking?

McMillan4

This is our first time cruising. Manhattan port. We are driving in to New York and looking for a place to stay. We would like to explore New York the day before we go on the cruise. Looking for a hotel that is relatively cheap (less than $200 preferably) that offers free parking. I realize this may not exist in New York. Are there places in New Jersey that offer this and it is easy to get to?

43 minutes ago, McMillan4 said:

This is our first time cruising. Manhattan port. We are driving in to New York and looking for a place to stay. We would like to explore New York the day before we go on the cruise. Looking for a hotel that is relatively cheap (less than $200 preferably) that offers free parking. I realize this may not exist in New York. Are there places in New Jersey that offer this and it is easy to get to?

The most popular cruise package is at the Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park.  It runs about $280 for a room, parking and round trip port transportation.  A second night would be about half that.

Folks also use the cruise package the Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park.

Your $200 budget is too low to get everything you want and need.

16 minutes ago, McMillan4 said:

Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in North Bergen? I just found out they also offer park and cruise options. Just wondering how this compares to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Someone posted they were going to try it, but they haven’t posted back.  It’s located in a highly urban area on the Route 1&9 truck route.  Take a look at the area on Google Earth.

Hilton Gardens is in a corporate park area, but it is next to the NJ Turnpike.  Take a look at that on google earth as well.  IMO this hotel will be easier to get to from the turnpike.

7 hours ago, 138east said:

Someone posted they were going to try it, but they haven’t posted back.  It’s located in a highly urban area on the Route 1&9 truck route.  Take a look at the area on Google Earth.

Hilton Gardens is in a corporate park area, but it is next to the NJ Turnpike.  Take a look at that on google earth as well.  IMO this hotel will be easier to get to from the turnpike.

I stayed there.  Very nice hotel.  As you said its an urban area with heavy truck activity, but the room was quiet.  Nice free breakfast.  They do have an indoor parking garage, and it was nice not needing to worry if we'd need to clean snow off the car!

Transport was in a Lincoln SUV and worked well, but it was maxed out by five people and bags.  Not sure if the contractor has a larger vehicle or not.  We actually docked the night before due to an emergency, so boarding started earlier than expected.  We called the driver and they were able to pick us up 30 minutes earlier than originally planned which was nice.  

Hotel room, breakfast, indoor parking, and transport to/from the pier for less than what parking at the pier would cost.  Not sure how it compares to the other hotel options, but it worked well for us.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:32 PM, 138east said:

The most popular cruise package is at the Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park.  It runs about $280 for a room, parking and round trip port transportation.  A second night would be about half that.

Folks also use the cruise package the Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park.

Your $200 budget is too low to get everything you want and need.

Is this the one at 70 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park , NJ? On my HH App I get a charge of $115.00 a night???

12 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Is this the one at 70 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park , NJ? On my HH App I get a charge of $115.00 a night???

Yes.  What is your exact date?  $115 plus tax sounds about right for just the room depending on your date.  The cruise package with parking and port transportation ends up being about $280.  I’d call the hotel directly to book.

7 hours ago, 138east said:

Yes.  What is your exact date?  $115 plus tax sounds about right for just the room depending on your date.  The cruise package with parking and port transportation ends up being about $280.  I’d call the hotel directly to book.

Thank you.

Just booked our hotel for the 16th. Such a relief to be able to leave the car there for the week and catch a shuttle to/from the terminal. Feeling relief from that stress. Good reviews on TA.

4 hours ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Thank you.

Just booked our hotel for the 16th. Such a relief to be able to leave the car there for the week and catch a shuttle to/from the terminal. Feeling relief from that stress. Good reviews on TA.

Please post back on your experience.  With Manhattan cruise port parking at $40/day, folks are really interested in hearing about other options. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Ridgefield Garden Inn last year, and I just booked it again today for later this year. 

Though we had a tough time getting there (Friday, rush hour, pouring rain, confusing highway (all exits are not created equal) ), it was the best way to manage the trip.  Parked the car and didn't have to worry about it for the week while we cruised.

We'll be paying $343 for the one night, parking, and transportation to/from the cruise port.  To park at the port costs $280 ($40x7) so I figure for the extra $63 dollars we are getting a nice room, breakfast, transportation to the door of the terminal, tolls, and a fairly easy pick up to get back to the car. And we didn't have to stress about directions, etc. 

We are staying at the Fairfield Inn in North Bergen for our cruise in June. The price is $329 plus $57.99 tax for 4 people. I booked it online then called to arrange shuttle times. I am not concerned about the area as we have previously stayed at an Holiday Inn Express down the street.

Here's something that is a little "outside the box".  You can stay at a hotel along the LIRR Babylon Branch.  My favorite town is Rockville Centre.  You can speak with the hotel about leaving your car in their lot and then take the LIRR to Penn Station.  It is a relatively fast cab ride to the port.  If you have a lot of luggage, this may not work.