MDR choices with My Time?

pt104

With My Time (anytime) Dining, can you choose from any of the four "free" main dining rooms?

This is my first Royal cruise (Anthem), and I have read a couple items that lead me to believe that two of MDRs are for My Time, and the other two MDRs are for those with the old, more traditional scheduled dining.  (I prefer the traditional times, but that was not available for my booking.)

It appears the MDRs have different menus.  I would like to be able to enjoy the menu of my choice, and not be excluded from menu because I got stuck with My Time dining.  I also have read that one can order from other venue's MDR menus, even if not physically located in that venue.  One may need to know ahead of time, what to order, in this scenario.

You will be assigned to one of two dining rooms assigned to MTD.

All 4 "free" dining rooms have the same exact menus which change every night.  Info that indicates different menus is old info that has not been updated.

9 minutes ago, pt104 said:

With My Time (anytime) Dining, can you choose from any of the four "free" main dining rooms?

This is my first Royal cruise (Anthem), and I have read a couple items that lead me to believe that two of MDRs are for My Time, and the other two MDRs are for those with the old, more traditional scheduled dining.  (I prefer the traditional times, but that was not available for my booking.)

It appears the MDRs have different menus.  I would like to be able to enjoy the menu of my choice, and not be excluded from menu because I got stuck with My Time dining.  I also have read that one can order from other venue's MDR menus, even if not physically located in that venue.  One may need to know ahead of time, what to order, in this scenario.

Exact same menu and same everything. Two are just for traditional and two are for my time dining. 

Our Anthem cruise cards just said My Time Deck 4.  We ate in American Icon every night because we wanted same waiters and table but we could have asked the hostess to sit in Silk for the different decor.  Same food either way.  They do have penny squasher machines at the entrances and one of the four patterns was for that restaurant.