Triple room for 4 people?

Souper Cruiser

My family (15 of us) are traveling on a 5 night cruise out of New York in June on the Carnival Victory. My husband and I along with our 8 and 10 year old sons are in my cabin. We have an outside cabin with no balcony. I want to be near the rest of the family and it seems the only thing we could get nearby is a triple. I have been told by our travel agent that Carnival will move a bed in and out of our room everyday and it will be "more accommodating and that they would move what ever we need daily" Has anyone had experience with this? I am fine with it as long and it is a reasonable. I would appreciate your feedback.

We had a triple made into a quad on the Inspiration a couple of years ago. My son was 13 at the time and about 5" 10", daughter was 15 and 5' 8" and both fit in the rollaway bed. It was not the most comfortable bed, but when the kids came to bed each night they were very tired and slept good in it. We put the bed under the upper berth. Bed was never taken from the room, but there was plenty of room in cabin for the bed. We put both lower beds together and rollaway under the upper bunk and everything was fine. A true outside quad on the Victory would have two lower beds that convert to a queen, sleeper sofa and an uuper bunk above the sofa. My kids have always perfered this layout and the beds are more comfortable. Togehterness is a wonderful thing, but sometimes a little space can be enjoyable also. Unless you need the assistance of your family members for child care ect., there will be plenty of things to do and places to be together on the ship that being down the hall is not always necessary. Have a wonderful trip!

Being in cabins close together is not an issue-- you can always meet up on one of the decks.

Reconsider taking a triple. that rollaway does take up a lot of walking space in the cabin.. if you are pying for 4 people take a cabin with 4 beds.

Also-- a over the door shoe holder for a cabin with 4 people in one cabin is very necessary. It helps keep the cabin somewhat orgainzed-- in the cabin the only space to put anything is a small vanity. at least with an over the door shoe holder it could keep belongings in one place.

When we sailed with 5 of us we used two-- one inside the bathroom for bath stuff and outside for cruise stuff-- sunglasses/sunscreen (stuff like that.

Archived