Carnival Freedom Journey Panama Canal Question

larrymeador

Going on the Carnival Freedom in 11 days for our first Carnival Journey Cruise (19th Carnival Cruise).  We are doing a partial transit through the Panama Canal.  I was wondering what time we will start going through the canal and how long it takes before we exit back out?  If anyone has done this cruise, would be interested in your answer and thoughts on the experience.

I have only done it on Princess but I am sure it's very similar.  You start going through the locks in the morning around.  If people have an excursion, they will get off before hand.  The ship goes through the locks, then turns around and goes back through.  All times depends on the amount of traffic because they line them up in order of arrival.  Its amazing how close the ship gets to the lock walls, kinda creepy!

Bon Voyage!

I also did a partial transit on Princess.  We were in Gatun Lake for quite awhile before exiting.  All shorex were cancelled due to flooding from an electrical storm.  

I'm doing a Carnival Journeys cruise thru the Canal on the Miracle, leaving SD on Feb. 2, 2020.

Roz