Explorer

Hi I am booked on the Marella Explorer in February for 2 weeks in the Caribbean and would be grateful if anyone can give me any reviews on the TUI excursions or of any ideas they have on best value deals on local excursions.

I think answers  to your question has been made on your other thread.  Explorer is a lovely ship, you will gave a lovely time. 

I can recommend  Cosol Tours for St. Lucia, great company. You get to try local foods and they provide rum, beer and soft drinks.  If you want a beach, Vigie beach us bear to the port and has a cafe with toilets etc.

Barbados is great to walk into the town or take a taxi, there are some great markets etc. However everything is closed on Sundays so a taxi to Harbour Lights on the beach is a great option.

If you look under Ports of Call on CC, then under Caribbean you can find loads of info for each if the ports.   Enjoy your cruise!

Hi 

Here are the excursions I did on our cruise on the explorer with TUI in November , Im not sure of your itinerary but if you would like any info on them just let me know. 

ARUBA SIGHTS AND BEACH 

BONAIRE 4X4 

GRENADA RUM RUHNER

ST LUCIA ULTIMATE LAND & SEA 

BARBADOS TURTLE ENCOUNTER 

ANTIGUA CRUSOE ISLAND 

ROAD TOWN CANE GARDEN BEACH

they varied alot the trip in bonair and the beach transfer you could easily do your self and there isnt much to them . We really enjoyed the rum ruhner and the trip in st lucia . Very good value we thought .  We wished we had done less with tui and went out more with the locals . Having said that it was nice to know that the trips we really wanted to do where all taken care of with tui and we didn't have to get off the ship and start to haggle with anyone . 

Everyone accepts $US but make sure you take small denominations as you will get change in local currency.  Also if you use an  ATM you will get local currency and could be stuck with it, not all the islands use the same local currency.  Generally local trips cost around $20 per person depending on the length of time, they will show you a map with details if the places they will visit. They are very reliable , just make sure you leave early so have plenty of time to get back.