Need Help Fast, Please!!!

I 'm trying to book a cruise and have never been on one. The options are majesty of seas, 4 days from miami to cococae-nassau; or carnival (not sure what ship) from miami-nassau-miami. It's going to be expensive (airfare) and I want it to be great. My fiance is 31 and I'm 25, which would be better? Any help is appreciated!! thanks!

I can't tell you which one is best for you. Maybe do a search on cruise reviews on each message board for each ship after reading a couple make your decision. Both seem to go to the same place so that isn't a deciding factor.

For your first cruise its not that important which cruiseline you pick as you will most likely love it and want to return.

I would say pick based on itinerary and price.

Since airfare is expensive have you checked out the price differance between the 4 days and the 7 days?....for people who work mon-fri you don't have to use more vacation days and there are more ships in the 7 day market and often the prices are not much higher than 4 days.

Coco Cay is a great private island that forces you to relax....just the beach and volleyball and lunch...great day.....I don't think Carnival offers a private island experience.

Whichever you choose have a great trip!

Just got back from my first cruise on the Sovereign. It was a 4 day with stops at Coco Cay and Nassau. I cannot speak on Carnival at all.

Coco Cay is INCREDIBLE!!! Lots to do and a great atmosphere. If you drink, must have a Coco Loco...or two....or three. If you like to layout, the beach chairs ar nice, but the hammock near Coconut Willies are awesome.

Nassau, as someone else said, is OK. I thought it was a warm and polite version of Detroit. No offense to anyone from Detroit, they are nice people. But I found Nassau to be crowded, dirty and traffic ridden with little to no sidewalks. Good deals on liquor and the straw market is interesting. But other than Atlantis (EXPENSIVE) and Cable Beach....a warm Detroit in my opinion.

Good luck. I chose RCI over Carnival because I was told that I would like the atmosphere better. Carnival is a non-stop party from what they told me. RCI has that as part of the atmosphere, but can be very laid back as well. Like I said, some folks who know me and my wife recommended RCI as a better fit for our personalities. I would try to find folks that have cruised both and who know you well.

I think the Carnival ship that you are referring to is the Fascination out of Miami and does the three nighter to Nassau and a sea day. I have been on both the Majesty and Fascination and would take the Majesty hands down. The Fascination is one of my worse cruises to date. The ship and crew were not up to par. The added fact that RCI gives you Coco Cay is a plus.

Archived