Golf Cart Rental

Bluemoon319

I have been to GT numerous times, but have yet to actually explore the island. I always hit the water for the day as soon as I get off the ship. I will heading there again in April and am thinking it's about time I actually check out the land. I have read numerous times that golf carts are the way to go, but now that I am finally ready to do such a thing, I am coming upon a LOT of reviews stating that the golf carts were not available in spite of paying a deposit ahead of time & email confirmations, or the carts were broken down. I am recovering from an accident & will not be walking much by the time April rolls around. I will be going with my adult son who is also disabled. Walking far due to a broken down golf cart just can't be in our plans. Can someone here please recommend a reliable company to rent one from? Thank-you so much 🙂

If you rent a golf cart, you will have to walk outside the cruise port to pick it up and walk back when you return. 

If you really want to explore the island, I suggest you ask one of the taxi drivers if they will do an island tour.  The taxi stand is inside the cruise port.  Taxis are usually in good shape.  Drivers are all proud of their little place in the sun and most are willing to take you around and explain the history or backstory to  the places you see, which you will not be able to do on a golf cart.  You can negotiate a flat rate with the driver for probably less than a golf cart and you won't have to pay extra for  gas or find a gas station.  Customary tip is around 15% of fare.

Honestly right now I would go that route.  We found Omar to be fine (or at least his staff) but there have been recent bad reports, and it looks like his website is still offline from what appears to be a hack.  Karib is apparently being sold, so who know.  Wet Money gave me a bad vibe (they were allowed to sell in the port area BUT they quoted different people different prices apparently based on how attractive the agent thought the girls were).  So right now I can't say there are any safe bets.

The only advantage a golf cart has over a tour is if you decide you want to stay someplace for a while.