Great Stirrup Cay Renovations Update

limeyalchemist

Does anyone know whether the upgrade renovations to the far end of the island have been completed?  I believe a spa and private area were under construction last I was there in April 2018.  Going again in January 2019 and eager to hear whether construction is complete.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, limeyalchemist said:

The NCL website shows "coming in 2019".  Will try to remember to post photos and an update when I go next week, assuming we tender successfully.

Please do! We'll be stopping by in February, and would love to see a current status! We missed GSC due to weather last month, so it's been at least a year since I've been.

Good luck even going there. 

Our cruise on EPIC back in December couldn't tender. The cruise after that one couldn't tender. There was someone who said  all 5 times they have cruised to GSC they couldn't tender.

It would have been nice to tender and see the island and the renovations.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, Georgie562 said:

Good luck even going there. 

Our cruise on EPIC back in December couldn't tender. The cruise after that one couldn't tender. There was someone who said  all 5 times they have cruised to GSC they couldn't tender.

It would have been nice to tender and see the island and the renovations.

It's true, we are very fortunate with GSC.  We've managed to make it every time, at least 5 times, this will be no.6.

Fingers crossed.

I am following this thread for sure as I'll be there Next Monday.

It has been explained to me that the lagoon area is no longer available as that is going to be part of the new Haven area. Although I will be staying in the Haven, I find it sad that this can no longer be used for everyone. it used to be such a nice quiet area.

Can someone tell me where is a nice quiet place now on the Island to relax and be able to be by the water and have lounge chairs??

I am not sure what the fascination is with GSC.  I was 1 for 2. 

Beach hurt my feet.

Food is sub-par. 

Yup, also annoying people here cutting/fighting to get a burger as if it was their last meal!  

Lines for drinks was not relaxing.

Fences and construction did not make for a "tropical paradise".

Tender was the best part!  I loved the ride!

It was not worth time & energy. I will stay on the ship next time if this port ever enters into my itinerary in the future.

JMO. 🙂

Edited by OceanBlueWaters

3 hours ago, Debde said:

I am following this thread for sure as I'll be there Next Monday.

It has been explained to me that the lagoon area is no longer available as that is going to be part of the new Haven area. Although I will be staying in the Haven, I find it sad that this can no longer be used for everyone. it used to be such a nice quiet area.

Can someone tell me where is a nice quiet place now on the Island to relax and be able to be by the water and have lounge chairs??

When you get off of the tender, walk as far away as you can to the end of the island where the lagoon is, either under construction or completed, TBD.  The cabana area has two nice, small bays with sand and loungers (free) in front of the cabanas.  Nice quiet beaches away from the crowds near the tender, where most seem to hang out.

There is a bar between the beaches, and bathrooms nearby.  Ideal if you want quiet.

We love the cabanas.  Did the small ones three times and trying the large one this time.

Map, area I am describing is listed as "private cabanas."

1023-4d555f897ce.jpg

14 hours ago, limeyalchemist said:

When you get off of the tender, walk as far away as you can to the end of the island where the lagoon is, either under construction or completed, TBD.  The cabana area has two nice, small bays with sand and loungers (free) in front of the cabanas.  Nice quiet beaches away from the crowds near the tender, where most seem to hang out.

There is a bar between the beaches, and bathrooms nearby.  Ideal if you want quiet.

We love the cabanas.  Did the small ones three times and trying the large one this time.

Map, area I am describing is listed as "private cabanas."

thank you so much!! Perfect information.

I just wish NCL was more forthcoming about the construction on the Island and when it will be completed. it can leave a bit of a sour taste is some customers. With Royal having so many new things that are complete on coco cay you think NCL would be a bit more in a hurry. That being said-won't sail on Royal anymore and coco cay is not cheap anymore to partake in all those renovations.😦