Carnival Sunshine

safer

We prefer the aft because we like to watch and hear the wake of the ship, plus we're closer to the Lido deck.  We're booked in a deck 2 corner aft on our upcoming Sunshine cruise.   We've pretty much always been mid-ship or aft so being forward might have some benefits I'm not aware of.  In-any-case, any cabin on a cruise beats being at work!

• Like 1

Like the first poster said, look around the ship and see where you are most likely to spend your time. For us, on Subshine it is a Aft where the alchemy bar and comedy club. If you think show lounge, lobby bar and serenity, then forward elevators are closest. 

Our last cruise was at the very front on deck two and there was a LOT of movement, I would not book there again. We are going on the Sunshine again in April and were about to book towards midship on two and realized the galley was just above which is super loud and open 24/7 so be aware of that too when you are looking at rooms!

We stayed in an ocean view on Deck 2. I found the noise/banging/whatever from the water hitting the hull to be very annoying.

If I was picking again I'd pick a room as close to the elevators as possible since we spent a lot of time walking up and down the hall to get to the elevator and then up to where we wanted to go.

• 1 month later...