Free Specialty Dining and Airfare Questions

ama

Considering booking a NCL Getaway 9 day cruise this summer and am really confused on NCL "free" offers. Can someone please help me?

For "free" specialty dining:

1. My understanding is that we still need to pay an additional gratuity/service charge 18% per person, is this correct?

2. As the "free" package is only available for Guests 1 and 2, how does it work then for Guests 3 or 4? Do we then have to buy additional dining packages for them as well? Do you pay just "a-la-carte" pricing for them each night?

3. How does it work for children? On previous cruises, my children tend to order some meals from the kids menu and the adult menu.

4. For a 9 night cruise - how many nights are we able to use this "free" package?

For "free/reduced" airfare:

1. Are we allowed to select our flight and seats?
2. What if we wanted to extend our trip (i.e. not flying in the day of or out)? We usually like to fly in a few days before and then start the cruise. Are we allowed to make modifications like this?

Thanks all!

That's a lot of questions but most of them can be answered on the NCL website under FAQ. Also if you use the forum search function there is a lot of information on these topics that are discussed almost daily on the NCL forum. 

Edited by tallnthensome

2 hours ago, ama said:

Considering booking a NCL Getaway 9 day cruise this summer and am really confused on NCL "free" offers. Can someone please help me?

For "free" specialty dining:

1. My understanding is that we still need to pay an additional gratuity/service charge 18% per person, is this correct?

2. As the "free" package is only available for Guests 1 and 2, how does it work then for Guests 3 or 4? Do we then have to buy additional dining packages for them as well? Do you pay just "a-la-carte" pricing for them each night?

3. How does it work for children? On previous cruises, my children tend to order some meals from the kids menu and the adult menu.

4. For a 9 night cruise - how many nights are we able to use this "free" package?

For "free/reduced" airfare:

1. Are we allowed to select our flight and seats?
2. What if we wanted to extend our trip (i.e. not flying in the day of or out)? We usually like to fly in a few days before and then start the cruise. Are we allowed to make modifications like this?

Thanks all!

Dining:

1 - You will be charged the service charge (now £20) on the value of the package. It is added to your cruise fare.

2 - It's up to you. You could buy the package for the other guests or they could pay a la carte. Unless they are very small eaters then the package should be much better value for money.

3 - Children are charged the same as adults if they order from the speciality restaurant menu. However, they can order from the kids menu for free, but this is the standard ship kids menu.

I'm not sure how many days dining you now get for a 9 night cruise.

As for the flights, I can't answer from experience, but my understanding is that they book what works for them.

I booked the free/reduced air and NCL gave us flights on American Airlines - nonstop both ways - same day for embark/debark.  I was allowed to select seats after getting the locator number on my edocs.  

5 hours ago, ddlb said:

I booked the free/reduced air and NCL gave us flights on American Airlines - nonstop both ways - same day for embark/debark.  I was allowed to select seats after getting the locator number on my edocs.  

How many days in advance did u get your airline info? Thx