El Convento

ChosenOne

Has anyone been here recently?  I have always wanted to see the building and will be in San Juan in February.  Thinking of having lunch there.  Can anyone let me know if they have been there and think it is worth going to see/have lunch?  Thanks

Visited El Convento last February. We did not stay there, but we wanted to see the hotel so we went in and had a drink at the bar outside in the garden.  Very nice setting.  We did glance at the lunch menu, it was pricy.  There is really nothing to see when you enter other than the lobby and the garden restaurant.  By all means, if you are passing by just stop in and take a look around.  I would not go out of my way to have lunch.  Much more interesting places and interesting menus abound in OSJ.  JMHO :classic_biggrin:

Given that it does not cost anything to wander around, yes it is worth it. It’s very nice to see, and get a look at the interior of an old convent. 

Most of the buildings in Old San Juan are very similar, so you get a good idea of the rest of the architecture. 

The food is good, too. 

• 2 weeks later...