Dawn Thermal Suite Pass

CozGurl

The thermal suite and the spa differ in that treatments (massage, etc. not sure about salt scrubs...I know they have wraps) are done in the spa. The thermal suite is for soaking in a hot tub or relaxing on a heated tile lounger with a magical view of the ship's wake. The Dawn and the Star have one of the older thermal suites, not a lot of variety, but very relaxing and well worth it!

3 hours ago, CozGurl said:

Anyone done this lately? How was it? I read on another thread about another ship and salt scrubs in the thermal suite. Do they have that on the Dawn?

You can purchase salt scrubs on the ship and use them in the thermal suite. Some photos can be found at 

CozGurl, passes are typically cheaper before the cruise and will cost about 20-50$ more once on board.  That said, if you have port intensive itineraries, it's often possible to just pay for the day (about $20) that you want.  Some ships limit that though even if the Thermal spa is empty. 

According to my research, the Dawn has a warm pool, a hot tub, a super bubble pool (thelasotherapy) or something like that, a number of showers and heated loungers in the shared area along with a stand for cool water and tea.  Both hot tub style tubs require you to climb steps to get in and out.  The change rooms have saunas and I think the men's side has cool plunge baths but I'm not sure if the women's side has that.  I haven't been able to get anything definitive on the plunge baths.  Prices tend to vary based on how long the cruise is as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elementstorm said:

CozGurl, passes are typically cheaper before the cruise and will cost about 20-50$ more once on board.  That said, if you have port intensive itineraries, it's often possible to just pay for the day (about $20) that you want.  Some ships limit that though even if the Thermal spa is empty. 

According to my research, the Dawn has a warm pool, a hot tub, a super bubble pool (thelasotherapy) or something like that, a number of showers and heated loungers in the shared area along with a stand for cool water and tea.  Both hot tub style tubs require you to climb steps to get in and out.  The change rooms have saunas and I think the men's side has cool plunge baths but I'm not sure if the women's side has that.  I haven't been able to get anything definitive on the plunge baths.  Prices tend to vary based on how long the cruise is as well.

No tubs in the women's side.

We got the pass once on the Dawn. It was a 7 night Bermuda cruise in October out of Boston. While we did like it on the cooler days we found it not useful on the warmer days. On warmer days we wanted to take advantage of the sun. At night we were too busy with other activity’s. When we had bad weather and the pool deck was closed so was the thermal spa pool and tubs which defeated the purpose of getting the pass. We have never gotten the pass since and never missed it.

I would not willingly sail on a NCL ship without the Thermal Spa Pass.  Once I did it, I cant imagine or even think of not doing it.

The spa on the DAWN has a pretty big, but only 3 feet deep or so pool.  It is great, and generally not crowded. 

No screaming kids, but sometime loud and obnoxious adults. What happens is the thaloplasy pool and hot tub are real loud, one needs to talk loud to be heard. 

The heated tile loungers are better than I would have imagined. 

No Salt room on DAWN, did that on the Breakaway... I didn't  miss it. 

The view to the aft is so relaxing while underway. 

I sailed on Dawn 4  time and always purchased the pass,  it has gotten rough a few times too.  They never closed off the pool or the hot tubs on us.  They probably should have because the water went everywhere.  Good Times for sure.

Men's dressing room has a sauna, steam room, hot and cold dip tubs.

37 minutes ago, CozGurl said:

Is there a sauna and steam room available for women?

Yes there is.  I remember one of them being too hot though but I can't remember which.  I do remember, I could only use one of them.

ETA:  It was the steam room.  I remember I was bummed because I love to go back and forth between them.

Edited by Beachiekeen
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

So saunas and steam rooms on Dawn are in separate areas?   On Epic they were in the common area and I enjoyed sitting in the sauna and steam room with my husband.  I guess I can enjoy the steam without him just as well.  🙂